Royal Mail manager to face judge over alleged thefts from the post
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Ro ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A ROYAL Mail manager charged with stealing money from the post will face a judge at Crown court.
David Paul Baker, aged 47, has again appeared before city magistrates accused of stealing £77 from five envelopes and parcels belonging to the Royal Mail on October 3 last year.
He is also charged with opening an item of post on the same day.
Baker, of Rocky Park Road in Plymstock, has not yet entered a plea.
Magistrates, who earlier refused to hear the case, have now formally committed Baker to Crown court.
He was released on unconditional bail and ordered to appear before a judge on September 7.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
I wonder how many posties came under suspicion for the thefts 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
I know this is slightly off topic - but that is one lovely pu, no I can't say it, thats such a beatiful pus, no stop it - nice kitty there dgpdisgruntledpostie1 wrote:I wonder how many posties came under suspicion for the thefts
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
"and parcels belonging to the Royal Mail "
I thought that all items of mail belonged to the sender, ownership passing to the addressee upon delivery. It is only in our 'care' until it is delivered. That's what I tell the ***** that ask for THEIR mail in the street.
"It's not yours until I put in through your lettterbox"
I thought that all items of mail belonged to the sender, ownership passing to the addressee upon delivery. It is only in our 'care' until it is delivered. That's what I tell the ***** that ask for THEIR mail in the street.
"It's not yours until I put in through your lettterbox"
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
They would have been fakes and the manger would have been set up after suspicions were raised.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post
Yep in the charge they would be referring to the IB planted ones hence them being RMs property.Big Daz wrote:They would have been fakes and the manger would have been set up after suspicions were raised.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.