http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... 100_years/
A VALLEY post office has celebrated 100 years of service, despite talk of closure last year.
Waterfoot Post Office, in Burnley Road East, overcame great financial uncertainty to achieve century status.
The building, formerly a sorting office, became a post office when that facility was moved to Rawtenstall.
Three years ago Ty Zubair took over the Rossendale business and has survived the credit crunch.
The post office has now been given a ‘secure’ status for the forseeable future.
The business offers the only banking and post office facilities for two miles.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lancashire Waterfoot post office celebrates 100 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Lancashire Waterfoot post office celebrates 100 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
BB brother
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 19 May 2007, 01:41
Re: Lancashire Waterfoot post office celebrates 100 years
This Post Office used to be on my run.
I have no ideas of its history and no interesting anecdotes to recall as nothing ever really happened there !
Not a very good post really !
.
I have no ideas of its history and no interesting anecdotes to recall as nothing ever really happened there !
Not a very good post really !
.