ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Off sick but I have a disability

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lawrencepa2014
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
Gender: Male

Off sick but I have a disability

Post by Lawrencepa2014 »

So I have bipolar but I’m not sure if they put me on a stage 1. I know they shouldn’t have because it’s a disability. After the meeting I signed some forms without thinking and I’m not sure if I basically confirmed to them I have accepted the stage? Well that was last time and I’m off sick again with stress and depression and I’m worried what this will mean as I’ve already got a stage (possibly). They have ruled out a stage before but this time my disability didn’t get mentioned or anything. I’m not sure if they’re screwing me over with stages when they shouldn’t be
denhamhoop
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 303
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Off sick but I have a disability

Post by denhamhoop »

Speak to your rep but I wouldn't worry about whether you got a Stage 1 Procedure they are ten a penny in fact if it's been issued due to your illness/disability it works to your advantage further down the road. As always Royal Mail quote about Mental Health being top of their priorities until it interferes with you actually being at work then different story. Would suggest you see your GP as well(Yep I know nearly impossible at the moment) and explain how their attitude to your illness is causing you extra stress
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Off sick but I have a disability

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Signing it, not signing it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things so I wouldn't lose sleep over that.
Only dead fish follow the current
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Re: Off sick but I have a disability

Post by tractorboy2 »

Unless you get a letter in writing informing you that future absences due to your disability will count against you , then they should be discounted.
The agreement says the amount of absences must be excessive. Always take a rep with you to any review meetings.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Off sick but I have a disability

Post by rubberbond »

When you return to work and have your “ welcome back meeting”, you must make sure you tell the person “welcoming you back”, that your absence was directly attributable to your condition, should it then go further on down the road you have that in writing and they cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities towards you. Hope you feel better soon.