ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Back problems/ stage warnings

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

Back problems/ stage warnings

Post by dohnut »

I have had a few instances of absences in the last few months regarding a back problem, I had stage 1 interview and because manager didn’t issue me in time I didn’t get issued a stage warning Because I was off again with same problem, my question is can you go straight to a stage 2, if stage 1 hasn’t been issued, they are pestering me to come back only been off just over a week, back still not 100%.
DX
Posts: 72
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Back problems/ stage warnings

Post by DX »

Not sure about going straight to stage 2, but I would not go back until I feel 100%.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Back problems/ stage warnings

Post by daveyeff »

no. you cannot be issued with a stage 2 unless you have been issued/serving a stage 1.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Back problems/ stage warnings

Post by dohnut »

Still not right, much worse in morning, work on my case about When I'm coming back, I understand they need to know for duties ect, but if I'm not fit to work I can't right?, G p isn't much help had referral to physio which is a video call, given me exercises to do not sure if this is helping or making it worse, also got blood test coming up, in the past when back went if was ok within 2 weeks, but now it is still stiff and sore and it's coming up to 2 weeks.