When we had to book our A/L last August, I asked what do I do about just wanting to book weekends off, and was told I'd have to book the full week, and cancel the other days once everyones requests have been booked in. So i booked the week, which I got, and now had my request to cancel the days leading up to the weekend has been denied.
What's the policy on canceling A/L? I understand last year why they didn't allow it as nearly everyone's holidays were canceled, but now I'm ending up having to use a week's A/L when I only need Fri Sat off
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cancelling annual leave
-
NorthernPostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Cancelling annual leave
Just adding, I'm sure I'd be allowed to swap said days for any other available time, but at the moment I don't have anything else to book for so would rather have the days for when I need them
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Cancelling annual leave
the policy is thats its at the managers discretion especially when theyre already booked, he doesnt want people carrying over many days of holiday for the next year which has been a huge problem for RM for years which theyre starting to stop. You even mention that he would let you swap some days, if i were you id consider this, maybe make another long weekend up or something even if you dont have plans right now.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Cancelling annual leave
Tough I'm afraid, just enjoy the time away from work. You're not alone , many including me, have time off but can't go anywhere, it is what it is. Image if everyone just wanted what you do, how would that work?NorthernPostman wrote: ↑22 Jan 2021, 19:34When we had to book our A/L last August, I asked what do I do about just wanting to book weekends off, and was told I'd have to book the full week, and cancel the other days once everyones requests have been booked in. So i booked the week, which I got, and now had my request to cancel the days leading up to the weekend has been denied.
What's the policy on canceling A/L? I understand last year why they didn't allow it as nearly everyone's holidays were canceled, but now I'm ending up having to use a week's A/L when I only need Fri Sat off
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Cancelling annual leave
Because it suits your manager