Hi,
I've recently been told by Occupational Health that I'm now considered by them to be considered to have a disability under the equality act (degenerative discs in back and arthritis in both hips now officially diagnosed after MRI and lumbar scans)
I've been off work for just over 2 months and OH have sent a letter to my DOM advising a rehab plan, and going forward that they should try to adjust my duties accordingly when another flare up occurs.
My DOM is saying that they will not be able to accommodate this as they have no light duties available in my office they can put me on until I can get back to full duties again.
Can anyone advise who I can contact to find out where I stand as I feel work aren't interested in helping and just fobbing me off.
Also if anyone has a link to attendance procedure relating to disability i could read up on as I'm hearing lots of conflicting reports about what happens on time off and stage warnings etc.
Thankyou.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Disability / Equality act advice please.
-
brasseye
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 09:58
- Gender: Male
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Re: Disability / Equality act advice please.
At the top of this page is a section marked
ANNOUNCEMENT: ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE.....here
Click here and it will list all the agreements and policies you need.
ANNOUNCEMENT: ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE.....here
Click here and it will list all the agreements and policies you need.
"We employ you so we can sack you"