ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

help

Post by FirstPost »

I was signed off from work at the start of October for a long needed operation on my hand, the sickness and the recovery period fell on part of my annual leave..
DOM has told me there is no space for leave this year 20/21 and I cannot use or roll-over it into next year 21/22! So I've lost my A/L? :oops: :mad

what can I do about this? it was through no fault of my own that the operation fell during my A/L, I feel they are lying to me :thumbdown
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: help

Post by WASD »

The government is allowing companies to carry annual leave over for a period of 2 years if a business was able to cope.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/rule ... g-covid-19

I'm not sure if it's fully proof in regards to yourself due to being off sick for other genuine reasons, but realistically seems mighty unfair.

However, if it's easier it's probably worth not going back to work right away and writing off the A/L. It's not like you can even book A/L as and when you need it.

I suggest the usual call to the union as normal.

If something a RM manager says sounds fishy, it probably is.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: help

Post by P13 »

FirstPost wrote: ↑
14 Dec 2020, 09:02
I was signed off from work at the start of October for a long needed operation on my hand, the sickness and the recovery period fell on part of my annual leave..
DOM has told me there is no space for leave this year 20/21 and I cannot use or roll-over it into next year 21/22! So I've lost my A/L? :oops: :mad

what can I do about this? it was through no fault of my own that the operation fell during my A/L, I feel they are lying to me :thumbdown
What does your rep say,
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: help

Post by clashcityrocker »

They are lying to you.
You don't lose your annual leave.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: help

Post by P13 »

As Clash says they are lying to you , you need to get your union rep to deal with it or put a grievance in
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

Re: help

Post by thedonkey »

This sounds fishy to me. I think you are still entitled to your annual leave if they don't have capacity for leave perhaps you could have payment in lieu.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: help

Post by aiden01 »

thedonkey wrote: ↑
14 Dec 2020, 22:04
This sounds fishy to me. I think you are still entitled to your annual leave if they don't have capacity for leave perhaps you could have payment in lieu.
Payment in lieu is not allowed afaik.