ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Goodbye royalmail.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
After nearly 8 years in the job, it is my time too leave. Just like to say thank you for everyone you has helped me on here over the years. But I will still be checking in every now and then. And good luck with the future. I know you've got hard time ahead. 
-
Ad_bee
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 09 Dec 2019, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Good luck and farewell,
I likewise am off in two weeks after 20 years and going sole trader plus 'see what turns-up'.
I was just this morning explaining to my bro' how RM has become with the Covid stuff magnifying the problems and disarray.
Its a shame, since its a good job when the rounds are actually do-able and the management reasonably competant and fair.
But sheeesh!
I won't miss the morning demotivational mass haranguing AKA 'work-time listen and learn'.
Life is for enjoying, not for enduring eh?
I likewise am off in two weeks after 20 years and going sole trader plus 'see what turns-up'.
I was just this morning explaining to my bro' how RM has become with the Covid stuff magnifying the problems and disarray.
Its a shame, since its a good job when the rounds are actually do-able and the management reasonably competant and fair.
But sheeesh!
I won't miss the morning demotivational mass haranguing AKA 'work-time listen and learn'.
Life is for enjoying, not for enduring eh?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Yeah I really like the job. But this last year has been really hard. Battles with depression ,breathing problems and management. Just thought it was time for a change and something less physical. Plus I'll be doing less hours so more time with my son. The job is a supermarket home delivery , worked in retail before so it was perfect for me. Good luck with your sole trader stuff and enjoy life outside of royalmailAd_bee wrote:Good luck and farewell,
I likewise am off in two weeks after 20 years and going sole trader plus 'see what turns-up'.
I was just this morning explaining to my bro' how RM has become with the Covid stuff magnifying the problems and disarray.
Its a shame, since its a good job when the rounds are actually do-able and the management reasonably competant and fair.
But sheeesh!
I won't miss the morning demotivational mass haranguing AKA 'work-time listen and learn'.
Life is for enjoying, not for enduring eh?
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Good luck with your new job CaptNemo. I'm planning my retirement in just over 2 years when i'm 55 and cant wait. The job has changed so much and the company has been ruined by bad management and too many parasites with ridiculous job titles.
-
WASD
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 375
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Best of luck! More time with the kid is great.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Goodbye royalmail.
Looks like you've done just a few months less than me, and I am just at the point of chucking. Best wishes to you.CPTNemoUK wrote:After nearly 8 years in the job, it is my time too leave. Just like to say thank you for everyone you has helped me on here over the years. But I will still be checking in every now and then. And good luck with the future. I know you've got hard time ahead.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Good luck everyone moving on to pastures new.
I fear I may be facing ill health retirement in a few months time due to herniated discs in neck... Less than 7 years in the job.
I fear I may be facing ill health retirement in a few months time due to herniated discs in neck... Less than 7 years in the job.
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Well its been nearly 2 months since i got IHR best thing ever, go out more not having too worry about getting up early, scotland with the boss aka the wife for a weekend and the best thing is not being completley exhausted all the time, so good luck to those who can get out and even more so to the ones left behind dont get me wrong RM have been good to me but the job has changed so much in the 20 years ive been there its unrecognisable now.
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
How long after going did your energy levels recover? I am thinking of going before the Christmas madness but am concerned that my energy levels not recovering! I still feel completely knackered even on my week/ 2 weeks off. So curious to see how long before the job stresses get out of your system! 62 going on 63 and dreading this winter! Done over 32 years.grandypants wrote:Well its been nearly 2 months since i got IHR best thing ever, go out more not having too worry about getting up early, scotland with the boss aka the wife for a weekend and the best thing is not being completley exhausted all the time, so good luck to those who can get out and even more so to the ones left behind dont get me wrong RM have been good to me but the job has changed so much in the 20 years ive been there its unrecognisable now.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Goodbye royalmail.
Isnt it crazy how we talk about being exhausted etc from this job as if its almost normal. Im 36 and the physical demands of being a postman leave me totally drained almost every day. I cannot imagine being able to do this for the next 20-30 years. Surely this is not right.
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Goodbye royalmail.
there must be something in it as I too, feel tired all the time, after a 2 week break start feeling better but the stress of thinking back to work soon ends it. don t know is it all the walking 4 hours plus, or is that they seem to want more out of you all the time. I do feel shared van duties puts a lot of stress on you more so if you are the driver
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.
Stop moaning about the job and leave.
Stop moaning about the job and leave.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Goodbye royalmail.
Its the combo of 4-5+ hours on delivery, week in week oit year after year, and the slow drip feed of just more and more and more. Yes we might be able to do our 11 mile 60 odd flights of steps delivery with 30 minutes to spare occasionally, but do we really have to do the lapsing on top of it everyday, surely common sense suggests that even without the lapsing its too much physically, and mentally the lapsing makes everything so much harder.seaside wrote:there must be something in it as I too, feel tired all the time, after a 2 week break start feeling better but the stress of thinking back to work soon ends it. don t know is it all the walking 4 hours plus, or is that they seem to want more out of you all the time. I do feel shared van duties puts a lot of stress on you more so if you are the driver
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Goodbye royalmail.
What?! Oh gosh, i had no idea that was the case! What an idiot i have been grrr!! Handing in my notice tomorrow and will pick myself a nice new career next week!HA1 wrote:Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.
Stop moaning about the job and leave.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Goodbye royalmail.
No point in reply to a troll who cant spell. surely he means realise not (relies)mjd24 wrote:What?! Oh gosh, i had no idea that was the case! What an idiot i have been grrr!! Handing in my notice tomorrow and will pick myself a nice new career next week!HA1 wrote:Do people relies that when you sign your contract it’s not for life.
Stop moaning about the job and leave.