ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Footwear recommendations

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
silver_fox
Posts: 110
Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by silver_fox »

As we know the footwear choices are pretty bad , just wondered if anyone can recommend some trainers or low shoes for doing our job?
Ideally a little water resistant and low to the ground!
Many thanks
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by HA1 »

silver_fox wrote:As we know the footwear choices are pretty bad , just wondered if anyone can recommend some trainers or low shoes for doing our job?
Ideally a little water resistant and low to the ground!
Many thanks

All footwear are low to the ground very low. :Very Happy :Very Happy
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by centenaryman »

not really a recommendation but this summer is the 1st time in many years ive worn my own trainers
got a pair of black leather reebok and for the 1st time in many years my feet arnt killing me
bucks123
Posts: 64
Joined: 20 Mar 2020, 05:35
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by bucks123 »

I have been wearing karrimor summit walking shoes for a while now.

They only last a few months but are not expensive, look smart and have fairly good grip. I could not wear any of the RM shoes as they were all giving me grief. I got a doctor's note so RM cover the cost.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... oes-183013
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by Jahpostie »

Nike revolution trainers are what I buy.
silver_fox
Posts: 110
Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by silver_fox »

Thanks , any links to the Nike/ Reebok?
When I mean low I just mean not having big heels like the RM issue shoes have.
Plus a little water resistance as it's hard to avoid wet grass some days.
The karrimors look alright , may pop to sports direct and try them.
Trolleyvanman
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 May 2020, 21:08
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by Trolleyvanman »

bucks123 wrote:I have been wearing karrimor summit walking shoes for a while now.

They only last a few months but are not expensive, look smart and have fairly good grip. I could not wear any of the RM shoes as they were all giving me grief. I got a doctor's note so RM cover the cost.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... oes-183013
Been using these for 3 years now,found them the best for comfort and wear,good value
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by Ricardo44 »

I was in my local Sports Direct a couple of weeks ago and there were signs up saying you weren't allowed to try clothes on. I'm not sure if this included trainers or not but it could be a problem if you can't try them on.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Footwear recommendations

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Ricardo44 wrote:I was in my local Sports Direct a couple of weeks ago and there were signs up saying you weren't allowed to try clothes on. I'm not sure if this included trainers or not but it could be a problem if you can't try them on.
You can try the shoes/trainers on in there. I got some last week and tried them on first.