Hi,
I have went off sick as of yesterday with work related stress. Today is my 1 year service. I have received a letter today that sates as of yesterday I will receive no pay. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does company sick pay kick in automatically? Am I entitled to sick pay as of today as I have now reached my 1 year service?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Occupational sick pay
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Occupational sick pay
Follow the advise you were given yesterday , contact your RepNewpostie123 wrote:Hi,
I have went off sick as of yesterday with work related stress. Today is my 1 year service. I have received a letter today that sates as of yesterday I will receive no pay. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does company sick pay kick in automatically? Am I entitled to sick pay as of today as I have now reached my 1 year service?
-
Newpostie123
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 26 Aug 2020, 10:48
- Gender: Female
Occupational sick pay
I have. My rep didn't know. Thats why I posted here on the off chance someone might have been in a similar situation.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Occupational sick pay
Ask him to contact the Area Rep for adviseNewpostie123 wrote:I have. My rep didn't know. Thats why I posted here on the off chance someone might have been in a similar situation.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Occupational sick pay
You are entitled to contractual sick pay after 12 months service.
Although it should kick in automatically I would suggest that you contact HR to make sure that it does.
The number is on the back of your payslip.
The rep/area rep will likely just tell you the same.
Although it should kick in automatically I would suggest that you contact HR to make sure that it does.
The number is on the back of your payslip.
The rep/area rep will likely just tell you the same.
Only dead fish follow the current