ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Internal transfer question. How?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bricam2096
Posts: 11
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 22:01
Gender: Male

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by bricam2096 »

Hi there,

Looking for your knowledgeable advice about a transfer. I’m looking to relocate 200 miles and want to look for an internal transfer. I found the successfactors website, tried to log in with my pay number and NH number but it says invalid username.

I’ve read various topics that say my manager has to add me to the system etc but can it be done without his “help?” I ask this because his attitude towards Posties in our office has changed since they expressed an interest in a transfer and they have been moved about deliveries and then sent to other offices to help out.

I don’t want my last few weeks/months to be the same way just for looking at transfers. Obviously, if I find something and have a start date, his attitude won’t affect me as much.

So, is there a way around this or do I do it the old fashioned way and write to DOMs in the possible transfer office? Thanks for any help.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by Ricardo44 »

Visiting the office you want to move to and speaking to the DOM there would help. You could then give him your email adress and phone number. Of course this wouldnt be easy for you as it would mean a 400 mile round trip but it is the best way.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by clashcityrocker »

When you log on to successfactors the first 2 letters on your NI number have to be lower case.
There is a tutorial online somewhere.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Mr_P0stie
Posts: 17
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:27
Gender: Male

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by Mr_P0stie »

Take a look: https://myfuture.myroyalmail.com/person ... -learning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My postman friend gets really angry when I tell everyone what he does for a living.
I call him a mail escort.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by Janet Brum »

Ask the cover manager (when your Dom is off) to add your personal email to te bit in your succes factors account wich contains your home address.

Tell him you want to do some safety courses online :)
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by Lou84 »

I transferred offices 5 years ago after a similar relocation, I did all the leg work contacted all the local offices trying to find a vacancy etc
Found a vacancy spoke to the DOMs, literally left my old manager with nothing to do other then send one email !

Good luck
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Internal transfer question. How?

Post by sindba »

Tried to log in to MyRoyalMail, but forgot my password, clicked on the "forgot password" link.

That link sent me an email that took me took a page saying "to re-set your password, please enter your old password".

Why is EVERYTHING at Royal Mail like a surreal fever nightmare?! Feckin muppets.