ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taking a Trimble van home
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
Hi guys,
I live over 10 miles from the office, it’s a rural location the part of the country I’m in. They’ve allowed me to take a van home before just said make sure it’s not a Trimble van.
Took a van home today with the ok of the manager, only realised once I’d got home it has a trimble in it. Trimble was loose and face down.
Is this likely to be an issue? Who actually checks the Trimble data, is it our office managers or higher up?
Thanks
I live over 10 miles from the office, it’s a rural location the part of the country I’m in. They’ve allowed me to take a van home before just said make sure it’s not a Trimble van.
Took a van home today with the ok of the manager, only realised once I’d got home it has a trimble in it. Trimble was loose and face down.
Is this likely to be an issue? Who actually checks the Trimble data, is it our office managers or higher up?
Thanks
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
Area manager, but all vans should have trimble by the end of the month. Just make sure its off the road (driveway) and its not even unlocked unless your going to the office. DONOT move it on a Sunday for fecks sake.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
The very fact that they've said don't take a trimble van home says this is not an approved van retention - the majority of which I thought2214MN wrote:Hi guys,
I live over 10 miles from the office, it’s a rural location the part of the country I’m in. They’ve allowed me to take a van home before just said make sure it’s not a Trimble van.
Took a van home today with the ok of the manager, only realised once I’d got home it has a trimble in it. Trimble was loose and face down.
Is this likely to be an issue? Who actually checks the Trimble data, is it our office managers or higher up?
Thanks
were stopped a few years ago. Is there any paperwork backing up this van retention? If not I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole no matter
how much fuel I was saving. As soon as there's a drama you'll get chucked under the bus.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Taking a Trimble van home
Trimble vans have been taken home in our DO for years
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
Wouldn't worry about it
Due to the prolonged period of covid19 anything goes at the moment. There are posties still sat at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the mail to arrive in the morning, there are loops and packets of mail left in frames from the day before. Our senior union rep said a while back it was OK to take PDAs and slip left packets home.
Due to the prolonged period of covid19 anything goes at the moment. There are posties still sat at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the mail to arrive in the morning, there are loops and packets of mail left in frames from the day before. Our senior union rep said a while back it was OK to take PDAs and slip left packets home.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
I would , if its Not an Official Retention then i doubt they are Insured to use the Vehicle between Home & Work , lets hope they don,t find out the hard waypostslippete wrote:Wouldn't worry about it
Due to the prolonged period of covid19 anything goes at the moment. There are posties still sat at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the mail to arrive in the morning, there are loops and packets of mail left in frames from the day before. Our senior union rep said a while back it was OK to take PDAs and slip left packets home.
-
mags999
- Posts: 372
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
what the hells a trimble van am i on a different planet 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
I thought that RM did away with all van retentions a few years ago
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
We take the vans home stillSpacePhoenix wrote:I thought that RM did away with all van retentions a few years ago
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
Have you got a traffic light type device on your dashboard above the steering wheel? That's a trimble!mags999 wrote:what the hells a trimble van am i on a different planet
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
Cheers for the replies. Will just have to wait and see if it gets flagged up.
I guess taking a van home isn’t usually an issue but when it’s over 10 miles away it might draw a bit more attention.
I guess taking a van home isn’t usually an issue but when it’s over 10 miles away it might draw a bit more attention.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Taking a Trimble van home
it’s Royal Mail policy to fill in the van retentions paperwork to take home.The Managers know this and a trimbled van may be tracked at your home leaving Managers exposed for not doing their paperwork job.2214MN wrote:Cheers for the replies. Will just have to wait and see if it gets flagged up.
I guess taking a van home isn’t usually an issue but when it’s over 10 miles away it might draw a bit more attention.
I wouldn’t worry about it.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Taking a Trimble van home
I've been taking my van home for years. It had Trimble fitted yesterday. Nobody has said anything to me about taking it home now, nothing's changed.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Taking a Trimble van home
Ye in gods we fear for here is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Trimble" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at it's most indigent kind as for the van take main fuse out!