ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
-
bishopoflove
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 09:45
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
Unfortunately my father passed away on Tuesday can anybody please give me guidance on the amount of time I can officially have off ? I jobshare and work a 3 day week, I'd rather find out where I stand before I contact my line manager and they try to guilt trip me about having time off and try to get me to come back early.
-
tmac
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 15:25
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
When my father died 7 years ago , i was giving 5 days special leave .I also went sick due to stress and bereavement for a further 3 weeks .
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
I had as long as I needed off. I got a sick note for depression due to bereavement
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
Take off as long as you need to we all handle grieving differently.bishopoflove wrote:Unfortunately my father passed away on Tuesday can anybody please give me guidance on the amount of time I can officially have off ? I jobshare and work a 3 day week, I'd rather find out where I stand before I contact my line manager and they try to guilt trip me about having time off and try to get me to come back early.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
From Royal Mail Policy TIME OFF: OTHER LEAVE August 2017
Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best
to allow you time to deal with your loss.
• Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or
blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.
• If a member of your family, e.g. grandparent or parent-in-law passes away, your manager can give you
one day’s paid leave to attend the funeral.
• For wider family or friends, you can agree with your manager whether to swap shifts, make up the
time, take unpaid leave or holiday.
Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best
to allow you time to deal with your loss.
• Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or
blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.
• If a member of your family, e.g. grandparent or parent-in-law passes away, your manager can give you
one day’s paid leave to attend the funeral.
• For wider family or friends, you can agree with your manager whether to swap shifts, make up the
time, take unpaid leave or holiday.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
DEATH IN THE FAMILY.
This is just guidance go sickrogersh wrote:From Royal Mail Policy TIME OFF: OTHER LEAVE August 2017
Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best
to allow you time to deal with your loss.
• Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or
blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.
• If a member of your family, e.g. grandparent or parent-in-law passes away, your manager can give you
one day’s paid leave to attend the funeral.
• For wider family or friends, you can agree with your manager whether to swap shifts, make up the
time, take unpaid leave or holiday.