ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Chucked job, no last pay check?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Fulldeltafourfour
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Nov 2019, 16:15
Gender: Male

Chucked job, no last pay check?

Post by Fulldeltafourfour »

Hey folks,

Ended up chucking the job after two years. Gave my weeks notice and bailed (can only see things getting worse from here with all the daily failed walks and no OT). I’ve not been given my last pay check and I haven’t been paid for that or my unclaimed time off (one week.) had a word with HR but they’re dragging their heels. Daft question but does anyone have any experience or idea what to do? DOM refuses my phone calls, same for managers in office who also drag their heels.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Chucked job, no last pay check?

Post by number one »

You won’t get any pay on your last wage slip because we aren’t paid a week in hand. Only overtime is so if no overtime no pay
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Chucked job, no last pay check?

Post by FirstPost »

Fulldeltafourfour wrote:Hey folks,

Ended up chucking the job after two years. Gave my weeks notice and bailed (can only see things getting worse from here with all the daily failed walks and no OT). I’ve not been given my last pay check and I haven’t been paid for that or my unclaimed time off (one week.) had a word with HR but they’re dragging their heels. Daft question but does anyone have any experience or idea what to do? DOM refuses my phone calls, same for managers in office who also drag their heels.
why did you quit?
Fulldeltafourfour
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Nov 2019, 16:15
Gender: Male

Chucked job, no last pay check?

Post by Fulldeltafourfour »

@Firstpost

I was offered another job which I’d been working towards for the last few years. Just so happens I was given a chance to go for it.