ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by grandypants »

20 years in the job hip is giving way on me and I cant walk any distance, had time off before christmas and without any stage given I was considered for the above, it was thrown out due to no evidence of any stage at all given (not even a one).
4 months later I have 9 weeks off due to my hip again (i was given a temp driving job for a short time) once I was on a walking delivery I could not cope, so again I have been informed I have again been considered for the above, again I have not even a stage one, so wtf is going on.
And also been advised by the lino not to contact the union :shhhhh :shhhhh
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by Sir Henry »

I do hope you're going to mention that to the union ASAP.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by aiden01 »

grandypants wrote:20 years in the job hip is giving way on me and I cant walk any distance, had time off before christmas and without any stage given I was considered for the above, it was thrown out due to no evidence of any stage at all given (not even a one).
4 months later I have 9 weeks off due to my hip again (i was given a temp driving job for a short time) once I was on a walking delivery I could not cope, so again I have been informed I have again been considered for the above, again I have not even a stage one, so wtf is going on.
And also been advised by the lino not to contact the union :shhhhh :shhhhh
Crazy get your rep unto to it asap
derricksmyth
Posts: 353
Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 17:58
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by derricksmyth »

grandypants wrote:20 years in the job hip is giving way on me and I cant walk any distance, had time off before christmas and without any stage given I was considered for the above, it was thrown out due to no evidence of any stage at all given (not even a one).
4 months later I have 9 weeks off due to my hip again (i was given a temp driving job for a short time) once I was on a walking delivery I could not cope, so again I have been informed I have again been considered for the above, again I have not even a stage one, so wtf is going on.
And also been advised by the lino not to contact the union :shhhhh :shhhhh
Get your rep involved this morning. You cannot be dismissed on the basis of health until the proper attendance procedure has been used ! Can you also phone the welfare line and enlighten them about your health condition, they will probably suggest trying to put you back on driving.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by robbertwhitton »

Once again you can’t make this stuff up,do people really put up with this? Absolutely shamefull and still it goes on,challenge it and report it
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by Pathfinder »

I think this treatment is disgusting. Hope you get it sorted.
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by xPandabear1992x »

grandypants wrote:20 years in the job hip is giving way on me and I cant walk any distance, had time off before christmas and without any stage given I was considered for the above, it was thrown out due to no evidence of any stage at all given (not even a one).
4 months later I have 9 weeks off due to my hip again (i was given a temp driving job for a short time) once I was on a walking delivery I could not cope, so again I have been informed I have again been considered for the above, again I have not even a stage one, so wtf is going on.
And also been advised by the lino not to contact the union :shhhhh :shhhhh
That seems right sketchy, that. What's your lino afraid of?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Consideration For Dismissal, Again!!!!!

Post by k979aaa »

Stick a grievance in and go area rep if local rep is a no good line up candidate for the next managers job that comes up!