ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Knee pain
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Suffering with knee pain for the first time in the job after almost 7 years of service (lower outside of knee, seems to be an injury common with constant exercise). Take it its just a consequence of the job the longer you do it or has the incessant workload since the pandemic struck the more likely answer and is anyone else struggling? Had a couple of days leave in March and 3 in April otherwise been ever present.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Could well be down to simple wear and tear,I am suffering with knee and hip pain,hip is ongoing arthritis,and knee is a meniscus tear from jarring it whilst dog walking,knee I swollen and painful whilst walking,just had two weeks off rest from doctor,going back to work next week,on some office work hopefully,pending mri scan appointment,am 58 and in my 38 th year,it’s no fun anymore getting old in this job,will see how they treat me,good luck my friend
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Cheers man., good luck to you too. I'm off for 2 weeks soon so hopefully rest will sort it out but probably just a combination of things, unrelenting workload last 3 months, pushing a heavy HCT around and the absymal RM footwear. Might have to go the docs and get a note so i can wear something more foregiving.robbertwhitton wrote:Could well be down to simple wear and tear,I am suffering with knee and hip pain,hip is ongoing arthritis,and knee is a meniscus tear from jarring it whilst dog walking,knee I swollen and painful whilst walking,just had two weeks off rest from doctor,going back to work next week,on some office work hopefully,pending mri scan appointment,am 58 and in my 38 th year,it’s no fun anymore getting old in this job,will see how they treat me,good luck my friend
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
You waiting on an operation mate?hatter68 wrote:Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.
Had this a few years back, bit of keyhole surgery and I'm as right as rain.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
For a start Royal Mail footwear is not up to the job, no matter what upper management say. I’ve shown the footwear to chiropractors, chiropodists and doctors and they’ve all agreed it’s very poor and doesn’t support your feet for the number of miles we walk. I use trainers with good quality unsoles. I know the use of your own trainers is a mixed bag (some are dead against it) but I’d suggest you at least get some insoles for your RM footwear.
Secondly I sometimes get similar leg pain, it’s usually when I’m doing a 30k+ step round. I’ve got some ibuprofen gel which works a treat, rub it in and within 10 minutes the pain has gone for 3 or so hours. I get it on prescription, not sure if it’s widely available but speak to your doctor anyway.
Secondly I sometimes get similar leg pain, it’s usually when I’m doing a 30k+ step round. I’ve got some ibuprofen gel which works a treat, rub it in and within 10 minutes the pain has gone for 3 or so hours. I get it on prescription, not sure if it’s widely available but speak to your doctor anyway.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Been told by physios they don't offer operation unless really necessary like seized up cannot move it for instance, and said after a couple of years you no better off so offer alternative treatment. I went on a programme of physiotherapy with a group of other patients called escape pain you go and do various exercises 2 minutes at a time and explore different ways to manage pain.Found it really helpful but if i don't exercise after couple of days get pain and stiffness etc. Been on painkillers naproxen and paracetamol today should really make the effort to do some exercise but too tired after another heavy day at least next week off.ihatedogs wrote:You waiting on an operation mate?hatter68 wrote:Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.
Had this a few years back, bit of keyhole surgery and I'm as right as rain.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
simple solution, get a note from doctor saying issued footwear not suitable causing you pain and buy you own, put the receipt in, think its just over £30 every 6 months you can claimHTPostman wrote:I know the use of your own trainers is a mixed bag (some are dead against it) but I’d suggest you at least get some insoles for your RM footwear.
obviously certain trainers are not good enough in the rain & snow
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Got a doctor's note, that cost me £12, about 3 years ago. The manager at the time always honoured the agreement. The new manager just fobs me off. Haven't had a payment for over a year. Can they stipulate what sort of shoes you buy? I've taken to wearing trainers, but the manager says f**k all. I don't think me and him are destined to be big mates
.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Knee pain
My partner works his day off & ends up taking parcels only, he’s also been moaning his knees & hip are killing after climbing in & out the van 100 times a shift, maybe have a few weeks off driving & do the postman’s walk to recover would help?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical/Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Actbertieboy wrote:Got a doctor's note, that cost me £12, about 3 years ago. The manager at the time always honoured the agreement. The new manager just fobs me off. Haven't had a payment for over a year. Can they stipulate what sort of shoes you buy? I've taken to wearing trainers, but the manager says f**k all. I don't think me and him are destined to be big mates.
&
Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Knee pain
I had my mri scan today so will wait and see,back to work tomorrow for my stage 1 oh what joy!,ihatedogs wrote:You waiting on an operation mate?hatter68 wrote:Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.
Had this a few years back, bit of keyhole surgery and I'm as right as rain.