ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part time to full time
-
Lawrencepa2014
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Part time to full time
I’ve been doing more hours since doing the covid collections. They’ve changed my basic pay hours on my payslip from 28 to 35. They did mention when I was offered it the hours could become a permanent thing. Do you think this is likely? I don’t usually do much overtime because I don’t always get offered it and also I don’t really like working my days off. I do overtime very sporadically. I don’t know if that makes a difference to getting offered full time eventually. Is it guaranteed i will get full time eventually? And with everything going on should it be sooner than it would have been. I’ve been there about 15 months
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Part time to full time
nope as soon as everything goes back to normal you be back to part time
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Part time to full time
No.Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’ve been doing more hours since doing the covid collections. They’ve changed my basic pay hours on my payslip from 28 to 35. They did mention when I was offered it the hours could become a permanent thing. Do you think this is likely? I don’t usually do much overtime because I don’t always get offered it and also I don’t really like working my days off. I do overtime very sporadically. I don’t know if that makes a difference to getting offered full time eventually. Is it guaranteed i will get full time eventually? And with everything going on should it be sooner than it would have been. I’ve been there about 15 months
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Part time to full time
It's an unusual office that makes someone up to full time after 15 months.
It would normally be offered to the person with the most seniority.
It would normally be offered to the person with the most seniority.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Part time to full time
A couple of years ago we had some people made up to full time within their first year.
It was purely done on seniority. We had a few full time vacancies where no one had been made up, several part timers didn't want to go full time so some fairly newbies got it. Some now wish they hadn't taken full time, they'd prefer a signed for duty as a part timers rather than being a reserve as a full timer.
It was purely done on seniority. We had a few full time vacancies where no one had been made up, several part timers didn't want to go full time so some fairly newbies got it. Some now wish they hadn't taken full time, they'd prefer a signed for duty as a part timers rather than being a reserve as a full timer.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.