Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.
Firstly, when I got there the place was packed so I left for 30 minutes for the office to empty. In that 30 minutes I got scratched to death by a ‘friendly dog’ and then walked straight into a wasps nest which had appeared from nowhere outside of wilkos.
Then on delivery my HCT wheel snapped off. I had to wait 45 minutes for a manager to bring me a replacement. Carried on fine until I started my SA. On opening a postbox, the entire set of keys shot out of the metal ring keeping them in place and I could only watch as two of them disappeared down a drain. I have to inform my DOM tomorrow morning which will go down well I’m sure.
But, just when I thought my day was over, I’m leaving the office when one of my managers tells me that someone has complained that I signed their incorrect name under the XP1 system. Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.
Oh well.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not the greatest shift...
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
I've done the collection keys thing, nightmare 
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
Me too, although a drain wasn't involved. The key rings Royal Mail use really are utter tripe.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Not the greatest shift...
Thats funny. R is next to T on the keypadFilthyBloke wrote:Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
I don't even understand why people check what name has been signed? Unless it's gone missing what does it matter?FilthyBloke wrote:Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.
Firstly, when I got there the place was packed so I left for 30 minutes for the office to empty. In that 30 minutes I got scratched to death by a ‘friendly dog’ and then walked straight into a wasps nest which had appeared from nowhere outside of wilkos.
Then on delivery my HCT wheel snapped off. I had to wait 45 minutes for a manager to bring me a replacement. Carried on fine until I started my SA. On opening a postbox, the entire set of keys shot out of the metal ring keeping them in place and I could only watch as two of them disappeared down a drain. I have to inform my DOM tomorrow morning which will go down well I’m sure.
But, just when I thought my day was over, I’m leaving the office when one of my managers tells me that someone has complained that I signed their incorrect name under the XP1 system. Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.
Oh well.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.
Imagine complaining over something like that in a time like this. One of the few sections of the economy still working and working hard. Sharon sounds like a nob!
-
Beancounter
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 18:10
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
If you shaton her doorstep and could understand a complain but thats just petty.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
Superb.FilthyBloke wrote:Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.
Firstly, when I got there the place was packed so I left for 30 minutes for the office to empty. In that 30 minutes I got scratched to death by a ‘friendly dog’ and then walked straight into a wasps nest which had appeared from nowhere outside of wilkos.
Then on delivery my HCT wheel snapped off. I had to wait 45 minutes for a manager to bring me a replacement. Carried on fine until I started my SA. On opening a postbox, the entire set of keys shot out of the metal ring keeping them in place and I could only watch as two of them disappeared down a drain. I have to inform my DOM tomorrow morning which will go down well I’m sure.
But, just when I thought my day was over, I’m leaving the office when one of my managers tells me that someone has complained that I signed their incorrect name under the XP1 system. Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.
Oh well.
The HCT wheel snapping off is hilarious.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Not the greatest shift...
Sounds like a shite day mate .... we all have one now and again ..... at least things can only get better!
I remember one time I slammed the lid of the HCT down and then discoved I'd left the keys inside!
Luckily a Romec Guy was visiting the Unit, so he popped out in his van changed all three locks ... to the same key ..... and then said, "There you go you've got 5 spare keys now, try not to loose them all"! Saved my bacon.
Luckily a Romec Guy was visiting the Unit, so he popped out in his van changed all three locks ... to the same key ..... and then said, "There you go you've got 5 spare keys now, try not to loose them all"! Saved my bacon.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)