ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trolleys
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
Everyone should tell their managers on Saturday, “as from Monday I will be using a trolley”, and they should also be informed, I will bring back any mail that I cannot deliver in my duty time, any postie knows, the use of a trolley, will slow you down enormously, the arguments I had with planners when we had to plan longer walks, was unbelievable, I said to them,” if you went to a solicitor for advice on the law, would you argue with him” no, so why are you arguing with me!! I,m the professional here, I know these walks, you don,t, lost the argument, walks went in, trolleys not used to this day, the time for goodwill is over, Rico back ensured that.
-
sardonicus
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
osgoody1970 wrote:Everyone should tell their managers on Saturday, “as from Monday I will be using a trolley”, and they should also be informed, I will bring back any mail that I cannot deliver in my duty time, any postie knows, the use of a trolley, will slow you down enormously, the arguments I had with planners when we had to plan longer walks, was unbelievable, I said to them,” if you went to a solicitor for advice on the law, would you argue with him” no, so why are you arguing with me!! I,m the professional here, I know these walks, you don,t, lost the argument, walks went in, trolleys not used to this day, the time for goodwill is over, Rico back ensured that.
Well said mate!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Trolleys
Some of us have been using trolleys since they were introduced. The use of designated equipment was mandatory according to the agreement. Obviously a lot of union members only adhere to the agreements when it suits them.
And I have never found using a trolley to be slower. Obviously you can't jump over hedges and stuff like that but not having to carry a pack like a donkey is so much better.
And I have never found using a trolley to be slower. Obviously you can't jump over hedges and stuff like that but not having to carry a pack like a donkey is so much better.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
Behave. Using a trolley is absolutely slower than not.clashcityrocker wrote:Some of us have been using trolleys since they were introduced. The use of designated equipment was mandatory according to the agreement. Obviously a lot of union members only adhere to the agreements when it suits them.
And I have never found using a trolley to be slower. Obviously you can't jump over hedges and stuff like that but not having to carry a pack like a donkey is so much better.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
I know people have said that trolleys Are no slower, but they maybe go at a slower pace than me and before you say slow down then, I walk at my pace, but believe me, trolleys would have slowed me right down that is not to say it would not be such a bad thing, but I can also imagine the conversation with my Dom, maybe we should have all done It when our offices were being tested, but now is definitely the time to do it!!
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
I can tell from my experience with trolleys that indeed thay do slow you down a bit but if you consider that managing your packets is a lot easier. The time lost vs saved is just a little in favour of not using it. Benefit of healthier shoulders and back is priceless in my opinion. I would suggest you use your van as much as possible and get yourself familiar with lwt and work at reasonable pace. No more corner cutting and rushing about.osgoody1970 wrote:I know people have said that trolleys Are no slower, but they maybe go at a slower pace than me and before you say slow down then, I walk at my pace, but believe me, trolleys would have slowed me right down that is not to say it would not be such a bad thing, but I can also imagine the conversation with my Dom, maybe we should have all done It when our offices were being tested, but now is definitely the time to do it!!
I am no stranger to ghost ot. I could ghost and still take a large chunk of my break. Cutting corners this day and age must stop immediately especially since company refuse to pay OT so there is ZERO incentive.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
Using an LWT does not slow you down. It also enables you to have some smaller parcels with you which saves on extra trips. It certainly saves on straining your back and is definitely more comfortable. If you wanted to you could run pushing the LWT in front of you. Plus it is equipment that RM and the CWU would like you to use. I realise virtually no posties use the LWTs but that does not mean they are not viable. They work better than the software on the PDAs!!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
In my experiences it depends on the area you're delivering. Typical 50-60 year old mass council terraced streets are no good, whereas private new development are a breeze - you can take the LWT all the way to the door, whereas with the former it's not practical as you usually have to walk up a communal path which often has stairs.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Trolleys
Always use a trolley when I have 2 pouches on a loop. or even with 1 heavy/full pouch. If it is 1 pouch and easy to carry, I carry.
I often getting sneered at by idiot posties who think it means you are weak - then they go off on a loop with an overloaded pouch on each shoulder! Fools.
I often getting sneered at by idiot posties who think it means you are weak - then they go off on a loop with an overloaded pouch on each shoulder! Fools.
Last edited by fb1969 on 01 May 2020, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Trolleys
I use a trolley plenty of the time. It does not slow you down as you’re lighter on your feet. What gets me is people’s reaction to being asked if they use them . They look at you in horror and say no way - even had one postie say he doesn’t use one as he doesn’t know how to - WTF!!! Also some guys in our office openly say “real men don’t use a trolley, trolleys are for mincers”
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
I've recently started using a trolley with the higher number of packets/parcels we've been delivering. It does slow me down quite drastically however I think not having to drive with a good 3 or 4 parcels a loop, that you wouldn't normally get in your bag makes up for it. And I'm don't feel anywhere near as tired at the end of a shift. I love it
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
Its too bloody late now. No good using a trolley now , should have used one when they 1st came out and we wouldn't be in this state nowChelseablue wrote:Great post osgoody. Everyone if u didnt before should use trolleys now . Do the job the way they asked ,catch anyone running tell em to wise up .
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Trolleys
I wonder how many hours have been taken our around the country with delivery staff not using the trolleys when they were meant to, saving time. It'll probably add up to a fair bit (enough that some DOs will have lost a whole duty as a result?)eastie wrote:Its too bloody late now. No good using a trolley now , should have used one when they 1st came out and we wouldn't be in this state nowChelseablue wrote:Great post osgoody. Everyone if u didnt before should use trolleys now . Do the job the way they asked ,catch anyone running tell em to wise up .