ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D’s why?!!
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Some I get back to office today, reverse up to the dock, get out and notice a 600 unloading bloody D2D’s for next week........pizza!!!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2D’s why?!!
Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Because it provides people with employment.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Management are we!!?clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers
Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
That’s all well and good but ask the families of our poor colleagues who have lost their lives, if delivering the s**t is worth it!!!! Think you know the answer....POSTMAN wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95357
Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2D’s why?!!
What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?dazer0070 wrote:Management are we!!?clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?
Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
You sound like you’re happy with what’s being asked of us at present? Do you read any of the posts on here and if so do you not accept the majority seem to be pretty pissed off with what we are doing?!clashcityrocker wrote:What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?dazer0070 wrote:Management are we!!?clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?
Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.
I care about us all being exposed to the present danger more than we need to be, so no I’m not just thinking of myself.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2D’s why?!!
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.
Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.
Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).
I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.
D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.
'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).
I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.
D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.
'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
cockneyrebel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Our depot only delivered Boris letter and health d2d in last 2 weeks
4 other varieties still strapped up not put out 3 this week 1 last week
not enough staff in re corona -to many part timers, who don't prep them so just been left
overwhelmed by parcels DOM just wants tracked done and aware we would not have the time for those d2ds risking tracked failures
I am sure many depots in similar boat right now
its just priorities
4 other varieties still strapped up not put out 3 this week 1 last week
not enough staff in re corona -to many part timers, who don't prep them so just been left
overwhelmed by parcels DOM just wants tracked done and aware we would not have the time for those d2ds risking tracked failures
I am sure many depots in similar boat right now
its just priorities
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
It's not just the delivering of the d2ds, it's the prepping of them in the office that is struggling to accomadate a 2m social distance.clashcityrocker wrote:I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.
Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
If you do not believe this then speak to a colleague at Wire D.O. that has just had 2 members off staff test positive for covid-19.
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.clashcityrocker wrote:I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.
Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
I can honestly say I've never had door to door from a funeral directorsWoody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.
Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).
I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.
D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.
'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.Flashman_ wrote:You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.clashcityrocker wrote:I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.
Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
D2D’s why?!!
Was thinking that meself surely its more costly to rm if you die than 2 years redundancy would cost??.Seymour Buts wrote:Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.Flashman_ wrote:You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.clashcityrocker wrote:I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.
Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.