ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'll health

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Boxedoff
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 10:47
Gender: Male

I'll health

Post by Boxedoff »

I have been diagnosed with a auto immune disease it causes pain all over .Iam also taking strong medicine .I struggle on the round with pain and exhaustion.Royal mail have issued a stage one for bouts of illness I took because of illness , I am now under pressure to come in sick.They (RM)say they have done a referral to occupational health but OH have rejected a consultation for my case because "I am coping on my round"
the rep has confirmed this to me and he now thinks there is not much he can do .Grievance was raised but the Dom has Cancelled it saying it's non applicable .Any thoughts of were I should go from here.?
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

I'll health

Post by LouBarlow »

Speak to your area rep as your office one isn't doing his or her job.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

I'll health

Post by 97gaz »

/
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

I'll health

Post by POSTMAN »

a auto immune disease
Which one, you may be covered under the equality act which will be a whole new ball game in your favour!
https://www.healthline.com/health/autoi ... e-diseases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Boxedoff
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 10:47
Gender: Male

I'll health

Post by Boxedoff »

Yes it is Rhumatoid Arthritis.I have given two letters to my Dom .First they said they had done a referal but OH knocked it back because they needed to wait till I had been on meds for a while .The second referal was apparently done
last week but they said OH had again rejected it because it wasn't affecting me on the round .I have at no stage spoke to a OH adviser. Nobody knows when a flare could occur but the pains in my feet are quite bad because of all the walking.How does my Dom know if this is exacerbating my condition the specialist say it could be which was mentioned in the letter surely they need to get a OH opinion.Iam at a total loss to what to do .Thanks for your replys