I had my 20 year service award at the start of august this year. I started in 02/08/1999.
Since joining royal mail I have opted for 30 days holiday a year.
I happened to notice in my payslip this week that I am still paying £7.30 a week deduction for it.
When are they supposed to stop taking this payment off me?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
-
paulwbc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
Last edited by POSTMAN on 07 Nov 2019, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
Reason: Title
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
it renews itself in April I believe mate according to our dom. Maybe it will stop charging you then. If you think there is a mistake phone human resources, I had an issue with my poal and they sorted quick enough.
-
paulwbc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
just seems strange. My 20 years was up in 02/08/2019.
But I still have to pay 7.30 a month untill the following april?
Thats another 7 months of paying for extra holidays. Around £52
Can Anyone else confirm that whatever month you started with RM you continue paying until the following April?
But I still have to pay 7.30 a month untill the following april?
Thats another 7 months of paying for extra holidays. Around £52
Can Anyone else confirm that whatever month you started with RM you continue paying until the following April?
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
I believe that as your 20 years service fell during the current holiday you don’t get the full 6 weeks until the following years leave starts. Hence if you purchased leave for the current year (March 2019 - March 2020) you will need to complete payment for that which runs until the end of this years leave.
-
paulwbc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38
Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)
ok. Thank you for your replies. 