ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing scanning beep

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woodpecker
Posts: 885
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by woodpecker »

So if the pda goes quiet when scanning, how do you get the beep back?
I thought I'd seen it before on here but can't find it.
Last edited by woodpecker on 02 Oct 2019, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by redneck »

Click on the 'oval' symbol, sound will come up at the top
woodpecker
Posts: 885
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by woodpecker »

I did that volume at max but when scanning silence no beep
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by ted_e_bear »

Try rebooting it tomorrow might do the trick.
woodpecker
Posts: 885
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by woodpecker »

Ok will do thanks.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by wacko74 »

I can always tell when my PDA is about to crash because the beep goes quieter and sort of sounds distorted.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by robbertwhitton »

I think in the big battle to come with industrial action this surely is the least of our worries#we rise again!,
woodpecker
Posts: 885
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by woodpecker »

Really? I don't find the above comment very helpful to my question.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by Gasman11 »

wacko74 wrote:I can always tell when my PDA is about to crash because the beep goes quieter and sort of sounds distorted.
Same here, usually during a sustained period of rain i find, virtually impossible to keep the thing dry with the amount of things we have to scan these days.
gmf_uk
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by gmf_uk »

take the battery out and or reboot...
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Missing scanning beep

Post by robbertwhitton »

woodpecker wrote:Really? I don't find the above comment very helpful to my question.
Ask your coach ask your manager etc etc etc