ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Applied for job now taken off site
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
I applied for a posting job last week. I keep checking my mail but nothing. I have gone on to the advertised job today and it’s saying ‘This job posting is no longer available on Royal Mail group’.
Does this mean they have enough applicants and have shut it down? Or have they already employed someone for the job?
Does this mean they have enough applicants and have shut it down? Or have they already employed someone for the job?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Applied for job now taken off site
Could be either, but keep applying for any vacancies in your area, turn over can be high in Royal Mail.lin1 wrote:I applied for a posting job last week. I keep checking my mail but nothing. I have gone on to the advertised job today and it’s saying ‘This job posting is no longer available on Royal Mail group’.
Does this mean they have enough applicants and have shut it down? Or have they already employed someone for the job?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
Could they have filled with internal staff as the interview dates are not until a couple of weeks.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Applied for job now taken off site
yes, we do have transfers between offices so again it could have been that, or even just deciding they no longer need more posties.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
Oh no so disappointing
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Applied for job now taken off site
Yes the Red Army in Leningrad had a lower churn over rate than this shower of s**t.Could be either, but keep applying for any vacancies in your area, turn over can be high in Royal Mail.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Applied for job now taken off site
In the RM capitals day announcement they stated the percentage of new staff that leave is a third of anywhere else. Generally once posties get used to the job they stay for years if not forever. New posties that do leave quickly usually have seen the postie on EastEnders or have a preconception that it is an easy job then find out this isn't the case.
The RM HR department are well known for keeping applicants waiting longer than they should or not communicating when they should. There is no favouritism in the recruiting process so you would have an equal chance to be successful in getting a job as a postie. In other words every applicant has to go through the same process. Keep trying if you still want to be a postie.
The RM HR department are well known for keeping applicants waiting longer than they should or not communicating when they should. There is no favouritism in the recruiting process so you would have an equal chance to be successful in getting a job as a postie. In other words every applicant has to go through the same process. Keep trying if you still want to be a postie.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Applied for job now taken off site
Once they get enough applicants the advertised job are taken down.
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
Hopefully it’s only been taken down as they have enough applicants and I still stand a chance.
If it’s already filled I’ll keep trying.
If it’s already filled I’ll keep trying.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Applied for job now taken off site
They keep previous successful applicants on record for 6 months too.lin1 wrote:Hopefully it’s only been taken down as they have enough applicants and I still stand a chance.
If it’s already filled I’ll keep trying.
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
The two jobs that I went for have now been withdrawn. I cannot apply for 6 months. I think it’s so unfair if they withdraw the job that I cannot apply for 6 months.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Applied for job now taken off site
That doesn't seem right at all. Hopefully someone can provide some info on how you can get around this. Good luck.lin1 wrote:The two jobs that I went for have now been withdrawn. I cannot apply for 6 months. I think it’s so unfair if they withdraw the job that I cannot apply for 6 months.
-
lin1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
- Gender: Female
Applied for job now taken off site
I’ve emailed my application and never get a response. I’ve contacted messenger and they tell me to email messenger.