ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties most favoured sock

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
carpathia_kuja
Posts: 86
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
Gender: Male
Location: Toon

Posties most favoured sock

Post by carpathia_kuja »

What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by yubin282 »

bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Posties most favoured sock

Post by arnold cheshire »

carpathia_kuja wrote:What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
Wow what a topic
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by chickenwittle »

carpathia_kuja wrote:What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
Have you ever thought it might be the high heels your wearing rather than the socks .
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Posties most favoured sock

Post by maisymoo04 »

primark work socks :shock: :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by sirchewey »

lcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imo
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Posties most favoured sock

Post by arnold cheshire »

George socks
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Posties most favoured sock

Post by glenfiddich »

under armour socks are good
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Jacko29 »

I use more mike running ankle socks of Amazon!
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by yubin282 »

sirchewey wrote:
lcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imo
the thickest pair possible even in summer
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by greengiant »

Third sock in really cold weather?
Duesouth
Posts: 279
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Duesouth »

Put a sock in it. But seriously, breathable in the summer and thick hiking socks in the winter.
ripio
Posts: 233
Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by ripio »

HJ Hall Indestructible Socks https://www.hj.co.uk/mens-socks/brand/i ... ible-socks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pack of three pairs lasts me a year.
I used to go through a pair of ordinary socks in a week or two but these last about 6-8 months before I need to stitch up a hole in the toe and get another few months out of them.
They also do good long lasting merino wool socks for non work wear.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by rambo1 »

sirchewey wrote:
lcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imo
Go outdoors had a 20% off card price ( need a go outdoors card) which worked out about the same as the cheapest place online that I could find to do their pricematch +10% thing.
Nick301171
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Dec 2018, 22:09
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Nick301171 »

Darn Tuff Socks which are expensive, merino wool socks from USA. You can get them on Amazon UK.

Good thing about them is they have a lifetime no-quibble guarantee. My pair started getting holes after 6 months, sent them back and a replacement pair sent out.