ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Traveling to another office
-
MVRPB
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Dec 2018, 14:27
- Gender: Female
Traveling to another office
How far can you be expected to travel to another office?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Traveling to another office
There is no written distance.MVRPB wrote:How far can you be expected to travel to another office?
However, you should start at your office and finish there - within duty times.
You should also be paid subsistence, which means fares if by public transport, or mileage if you have the correct business insurance.
CWU AND ROYAL MAIL PAY AND MODERNISATION AGREEMENT - APRIL 2007/2009
Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU locally an approach (which could include the use of volunteers and reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and subsistence arrangements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
FilthyBloke
- Posts: 685
- Joined: 03 Jun 2018, 11:41
- Gender: Male
Traveling to another office
What about claiming mileage for doing overtime in a different office after my actual shift has finished?
I get phone calls most days from a couple of offices and sometimes I pop over and do a couple of loops after finishing my round at my own office.
Should I claim for this?
I get phone calls most days from a couple of offices and sometimes I pop over and do a couple of loops after finishing my round at my own office.
Should I claim for this?
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Traveling to another office
Absolutely!!!FilthyBloke wrote:What about claiming mileage for doing overtime in a different office after my actual shift has finished?
I get phone calls most days from a couple of offices and sometimes I pop over and do a couple of loops after finishing my round at my own office.
Should I claim for this?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Traveling to another office
Danielson1974 wrote:Absolutely!!!FilthyBloke wrote:What about claiming mileage for doing overtime in a different office after my actual shift has finished?
I get phone calls most days from a couple of offices and sometimes I pop over and do a couple of loops after finishing my round at my own office.
Should I claim for this?
But if you can, you would have to claim from the overtime offices budget, not your own office.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.