ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leave due to Family bereavement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
par4mrl
Posts: 89
Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
Gender: Male

Leave due to Family bereavement

Post by par4mrl »

Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Monday.....can anyone tell me what type of leave I am entitled to so I can be there for my wife immediately after the bereavement and on the day of the funeral...thanks
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 137
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

Leave due to Family bereavement

Post by celtic1967 »

par4mrl wrote:Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Monday.....can anyone tell me what type of leave I am entitled to so I can be there for my wife immediately after the bereavement and on the day of the funeral...thanks
I am sorry for your loss.My mother in law passed away last year and was told I am allowed one day to attend the funeral. As she lived abroad I had to take some of my holiday entitlement to cover travel etc.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Leave due to Family bereavement

Post by rambo1 »

Non immediate family, one day paid for funeral. To support your wife you may be able to get some special unpaid leave, if your Dom is sympathetic and you already don't have more off sick they they could handle.
My deepest sympathy for your loss. It's a tough time for you and your wife but things do get better.
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Leave due to Family bereavement

Post by ninja »

Policy guidance document attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
par4mrl
Posts: 89
Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
Gender: Male

Leave due to Family bereavement

Post by par4mrl »

Thanks a lot.....your responses are very much appreciated