ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
invoice them your costs with receipts, they'll quickly change there mind.Seagull1983 wrote:I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
Do You have a print out of it?
-
Sputters2017
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
Always get everything agreed in writing
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
No print out. Shockingly I took him on his word and confirmed it several times !
-
youngy86no107
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 08 May 2017, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
Im sure the stress of it all will be getting you down. Maybe get yourself to doctors and see what he says!!! 
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
In my first year I’m afraid BUT he has lost my respect and once the year is done lol
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
[quote="Seagull1983"]I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.[/quot
What were his exact words to withdraw it ?
What were his exact words to withdraw it ?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
“Eeeer might not be able to do it I’m afraid” as I questioned why I’m on the rota to work.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
you should have stood your ground and said its too late now I have booked a holiday
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
I’ve said I’ve booked stuff. I’ll speak to him again tomorrow.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
Get the union involved. Don't be tempted to go AWOL, we had one sacked for that due to a misunderstanding in similar circumstances. However if you have any witnesses to the conversation where promises were made, that could back you up a bit.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
How about swap with someone if it comes to it?
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
I quit RM because of this very same issue.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !
No. He shouldn't have to swap. He put in for leave, it was granted end of. RM managers on the whole are a bunch of fannies.scoobydo79 wrote:How about swap with someone if it comes to it?