ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working past your time
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Working past your time
There is an agreement with the CWU that says we can be asked to work up to 30 minutes after our finish time, if it's busy.
I can't find the written bit that says this but I've seen it before!
Does anyone have a link, please?
I can't find the written bit that says this but I've seen it before!
Does anyone have a link, please?
-
Extortion84
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Feb 2019, 20:36
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
I had my manager say this once to me as I said I wouldnt get done in my hours, he called it the 30 min flexibility rule..
I questioned my union rep and he said it is a thing however they have to give you sufficient notice such as a couple of days not same day, and they have to give you the 30mins back somewhere in the same week. Needless to say when i went back and told my manager it got dropped and never mentioned again..
I questioned my union rep and he said it is a thing however they have to give you sufficient notice such as a couple of days not same day, and they have to give you the 30mins back somewhere in the same week. Needless to say when i went back and told my manager it got dropped and never mentioned again..
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
It’s completley optional for you , if it suits you to work 30 mins over and come in 30 mins late one day that week then that’s ok ,but if you don’t want to you don’t have to , no matter what your manager says.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
It's voluntary,they might say if you finish 30 mins late today you'll make it up on Saturday by finishing 30 mins early,complete tosh!
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
Saturdays are one of the busiest days of the week now
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Working past your time
Yes, I know it is supposed to be optional but wondered if anyone knew where the written agreement is?
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
Ask the Manager to show you it in writing. Clue - he won't.
-
Pikeman180
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
Says in the Agreements section on the home page...FLEXIBLE WORKING.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Working past your time
Thanks for that but it isn't mentioned in Flexible Working. This is more about flexible on their side for employees.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Working past your time
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=68288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB 125/15 Flexibility in Delivery Offices Clarification
LTB 125/15 Flexibility in Delivery Offices Clarification
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
I recall this measure was brought in for unforeseen circumstances, such as a lorry breaking down, things that are not within their control!!! it is right, that it is voluntary and you should get the 30mins back within the same week, it was not to be used for everyday problems such as sick leave, etc etc!!!
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Working past your time
I got pulled up over Christmas pressure period and asked why I wasn't prepared to go over my time, said I didn't want the money/isn't worth it which wasn't a good enough answer, so then i just said I've got a life outside of work and want to get home !!! He wasn't happy lol
He quotes the 30 minute rule thing at me occasionally and I just laugh and walk off !!!!!
Its easy for them to claim the 30 minute rule but you'll never see those 30 mins later in the week
He quotes the 30 minute rule thing at me occasionally and I just laugh and walk off !!!!!
Its easy for them to claim the 30 minute rule but you'll never see those 30 mins later in the week
-
Momo90210
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 19:41
- Gender: Male
Working past your time
Good on you. You don't have to give them a reason why you can't work over your hours its none of their business what you do in your own time. Also the agreement states they can ASK you to flex 30 mins. They can ask all they want just say no thanks every timeLou84 wrote:I got pulled up over Christmas pressure period and asked why I wasn't prepared to go over my time, said I didn't want the money/isn't worth it which wasn't a good enough answer, so then i just said I've got a life outside of work and want to get home !!! He wasn't happy lol
He quotes the 30 minute rule thing at me occasionally and I just laugh and walk off !!!!!
Its easy for them to claim the 30 minute rule but you'll never see those 30 mins later in the week