ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Leaving
It's been asked before, try searching some of the older posts. Generally I believe it's not a problem, unless you were dismissed for something bad. One point to remember is that your seniority will start again from the date you rejoin, your previous service doesn't count. Good Luck, at least you'll know all the pit falls the second time around. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Leaving
Perhaps he's in a job that's even worse than this one? Remember the other man's man is always greener, or so it seems.endofdays1982 wrote:yeah I left before and came back in, but now why would you want to come back in the job is a joke and you get treated like dirt
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Westhamguy
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Leaving
Love the job being outside nobody on your case, but can't afford to be a part timer until 3 years time, but by then I'l be a bit older and slowerendofdays1982 wrote:yeah I left before and came back in, but now why would you want to come back in the job is a joke and you get treated like dirt
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Leaving
I've been back 6 months, had no problems getting the job back, in fact I think it have me an advantage. Sure there are issues with the job, I have a few gripes but there's few other jobs paying this kind of money for unskilled labour, to me it's stress free, you're not taking work home with you. Win win for me.