I’ve been on town duties for all the time I have been in Royal Mail. (10 years). Never properly trained or done ips. So mainly just prep and delivery on towns. So on return to office today after delivery I see on the rota that I am down for training on a rural duty. No consultation beforehand. This is going to mean a half hour shift later in my start and finish times which I’m not happy about as I will hit morning rush and school traffic later, as I live 12 miles away from office, plus due to wife’s work I will be late home for her going out.
Just venting my anger at this change but I guess I’ll find out more in the morning wether it’s a long term thing or just for relief cover. Hey ho!!!!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rural duty
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Rural duty
Are you a leave reserve?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Rural duty
Hi yes can see why you're annoyed at the lack of consultation but I can assure you once you've got over the initial nightmare learning curve of where all the farms/named houses are then it's a real nice change from a town duty, certainly a lot easier on your feet !
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Rural duty
I am a reserve after a resign were i lost my float duty. And previous to that 2 1/2 years on another duty and 2 1/2 years on one before that.