ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transfering to ParcelForce
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Transfering to ParcelForce
How easy is the transfer process? Do I keep my holiday dates that I already have booked? Any information is appreciated
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
Erm try asking Parcelforce?? 
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Transfering to ParcelForce
they are part of the same company, so maybe it will be straight forward?scoobydo79 wrote:Erm try asking Parcelforce??
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Transfering to ParcelForce
It depends on local vacancies but as for keeping booked holidays I very much doubt it. What if a parcelforce guy transferred into your office and had the same days booked off as you. Would you be happy for the new staff member to have them over you. Don't think so. If they are no holidays booked I can't see any problems. Also you keep your service and extra holidays etc. But the shares, I don't know as your staying with RMG but leaving RMPLC.
-
GPostie
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Oct 2018, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
I done it 6 months ago. It’s pretty straight forward. You will keep all of your planned holidays. They have to honour them. You will also keep all of your shares.FirstPost wrote:How easy is the transfer process? Do I keep my holiday dates that I already have booked? Any information is appreciated
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
From my experience of transferring from PF to RM don't expect it to be any better at PF.
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
It's a nightmare don't do it. #dark side.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
I worked for PF for a few months about 7 years ago, absolutely hated it. It wouldn't be too bad if you had your own areas each day but I was given 3 different areas each morning and barely knew how to get there let alone where to start. You have to know the areas really well to feel comfortable in that job as you need to plan your route on maps before you go out. Its not like RM where you follow your nose from the first letter. There is no room for error as you are expected to deliver to around 120+ addresses a day which is around 1 house per so many minutes so planning a route is key. I nearly went grey with the job.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Transfering to ParcelForce
Wasn't that bad at my DO I just hated the fact that they expect you to work more than your 40 hours and if you come back on time then you must have an easy route and they try to give you more stuff. The union rep was so far up the managers ass his head popped out his mouth from time to time. I had as semi rural route with 70ish drops per day which went up to 100ish because as I said I wanted to work to time which wasn't good enough. Rep did f**k all and I transferred.postiewhite wrote:I worked for PF for a few months about 7 years ago, absolutely hated it. It wouldn't be too bad if you had your own areas each day but I was given 3 different areas each morning and barely knew how to get there let alone where to start. You have to know the areas really well to feel comfortable in that job as you need to plan your route on maps before you go out. Its not like RM where you follow your nose from the first letter. There is no room for error as you are expected to deliver to around 120+ addresses a day which is around 1 house per so many minutes so planning a route is key. I nearly went grey with the job.
At least now the our rep is better and I only work to time with no BS. Route planning is vital and when I was driving they expected you to clear everything inc collections and anything that wasn't delivered to be dropped at the local PO for collection. There's a guy who I used to work with been down to our RM DO asking if there's anyhting going as after how many years the 11 hour days have taken their toll on him. His words, not mine.