ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jackpoppy4
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 18:50
Gender: Male

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Post by Jackpoppy4 »

Today I delivered a Special Delivery 30 minutes late. I apologised to the customer, he didn’t mind at all. I got back quite late today so haven’t spoken to my DOM and will do tomorrow.

I usually keep specials in a tray in the back of the van but it was a big package that didn’t fit so I put it next to the tray and must have forgot about it. I’m proper gutted this has happened as I’m usually so careful with SD’s.

I’m due to go full time on Monday so I’m proper kicking myself. What are the consequences here?

Thanks for your help.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

A slap on the wrist at worst would be a fair outcome.

When you speak to the manager be upfront and honest and also mention you have apologised to the customer and they were fine with it. My manager only tends to go off the deep end when he is caught unawares if you cock up and tell him he is as right as rain with you.

Hope yours is the same.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Post by wallop »

You'll probably find that all your colleagues will send you to Coventry for at least the next couple of months for being a blot on the image of Royal Mail,Do it again and its head down the toilet time.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Post by clashcityrocker »

The customer is the one who paid to have it delivered before 1pm.
If they know it was late they are entitled to compensation.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

Post by barcajr »

Unless you've got previous, you'll be told to take more care in future and maybe coached by a workplace coach