ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What footwear to wear?
-
Assassin6
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 12:21
- Gender: Male
What footwear to wear?
Just got my new Royal mail trainers and after 2 days blisters and very sore feet literally felt like I couldn't carry on any more after 12 o'clock today. Will these break in or do I invest in some other type of shoes? Was wearing my own trainers for first 2 weeks but obviously they aren't waterproof any suggestions on footwear and not too expensive please? Thanks.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
What footwear to wear?
You're allowed 2 pairs I think so try and order a different type but if I were you I'd order half a size up as when I first ordered a pair they squeezed to big toe so it went black and didn't grow out for a year ! It's the inner sole that takes up the extra foot space. If your RM ones are crap then if you buy your own you get £30 towards them. Just give them your receipt. Tell them you can't wear RM ones for health reasons.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What footwear to wear?
£34 now but you need a letter from doctor podiatrist etc.Charliecat wrote:You're allowed 2 pairs I think so try and order a different type but if I were you I'd order half a size up as when I first ordered a pair they squeezed to big toe so it went black and didn't grow out for a year ! It's the inner sole that takes up the extra foot space. If your RM ones are crap then if you buy your own you get £30 towards them. Just give them your receipt. Tell them you can't wear RM ones for health reasons.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
What footwear to wear?
I personally swear by 2 pairs of socks it makes such a difference. and I rotate between Royal Mail shoes and my own trainers (Air Force 1s usually or ASICS running shoes) but I’d like to get some HOKAs as the curved sole looks brilliant.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What footwear to wear?
just got a new pair of karrimoor running trainers very comfortable.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6696
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
What footwear to wear?
I do a bit of running(used to do a lot when I was younger) and love Hoka's.postmanzach wrote:I personally swear by 2 pairs of socks it makes such a difference. and I rotate between Royal Mail shoes and my own trainers (Air Force 1s usually or ASICS running shoes) but I’d like to get some HOKAs as the curved sole looks brilliant.
When they're coming to the end of their running life, I then wear them for work.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here