ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
-
mrpostie
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
I am currently on paternity leave and am due to resume this Thursday. I took off the first two weeks as paternity and added a week of my annual leave to the end of making three weeks leave in total. I was just wondering that as there was three bank Holidays during my leave (Christmas eve, day and new years eve) would I be able to add these three days to the end of my leave. Cheers for your help all.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
Doubt it but no harm in asking.mrpostie wrote:I am currently on paternity leave and am due to resume this Thursday. I took off the first two weeks as paternity and added a week of my annual leave to the end of making three weeks leave in total. I was just wondering that as there was three bank Holidays during my leave (Christmas eve, day and new years eve) would I be able to add these three days to the end of my leave. Cheers for your help all.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
Yes your still entitled to them. Why wouldn't you be.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
If they were on your annual leave, yes. If they were part of your paternity leave, then no I wouldn't have thought so as they won't be able to be offset against your annual leave entitlement on PSP.
You don't actually get a day back now for an annual leave week, you just use up the hours for the other days that week, so say your scheduled rest day was Wednesday on a bank holiday Monday week, you'd have the hrs of Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday taken off your entitlement. Hope that makes sense, and congratulations btw.
You don't actually get a day back now for an annual leave week, you just use up the hours for the other days that week, so say your scheduled rest day was Wednesday on a bank holiday Monday week, you'd have the hrs of Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday taken off your entitlement. Hope that makes sense, and congratulations btw.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
Whilst on paternity leave any bank holiday should be credited back to you,,, when your dom will let you take them is a different question
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
As bank holidays form part of your 5.6 weeks statutory annual leave refusing to credit them back to you would be unlawful.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
I'm assuming he means 25th and 26th December and 1st January.grchpo wrote:Christmas eve & New years eve are not bank holidays
Only dead fish follow the current
-
mrpostie
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Paternity leave during Bank Holidays
Sorry, I should have said I work nights so I would have had both of these nights off as they roll into bank Holidays.grchpo wrote:Christmas eve & New years eve are not bank holidays