ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What days don't we work over xmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

What days don't we work over xmas

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.
Jiperjuper
Posts: 45
Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by Jiperjuper »

What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Jiperjuper wrote:What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
This is the case for me too, I read on here from what I remember you can have it paid or change the day off?
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Jiperjuper wrote:What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
You can ask for another day off I'm the week (doubt you will get this) get paid for it or have a day added to your leave.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by Rapidryan88 »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.
Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by joewyan »

Rapidryan88 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.
Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?
You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by Rapidryan88 »

joewyan wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.
Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?
You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)
Thank you :) I’ll take the extra day
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by daveyeff »

i'm long weekend w/c 17th, so i'll be off sat/sun/mon/tues/wed. ...what a bummer :Very Happy
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by aiden01 »

daveyeff wrote:i'm long weekend w/c 17th, so i'll be off sat/sun/mon/tues/wed. ...what a bummer :Very Happy
Got whole week off :nana :nana :nana
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Night shifts (any office) get xmas eve and xmas day off. They're back on boxing night going into the 27th at midnight that night. Some offices might do it with volunteers, some might have all staff in. New Years week night shifts (any office) get just the 31st off. New Years day going into the 2nd they're back at midnight that night. Some offices might do it with volunteers, some might have all staff in.

All other shifts it'll be the xmas day, boxing day and new years day they get off. I believe it's slightly different in Scotland
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

What days don’t we week over xmas

Post by joewyan »

Rapidryan88 wrote:
joewyan wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.
Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?
You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)
Thank you :) I’ll take the extra day
But don’t forget they will need to have leave space for you to book it.