When the weather warnings are out and police advise not to use the roads but the management know better and want you at work
What do you do
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
-
Jiperjuper
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
- Gender: Male
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
I presume you are talking about the eight inches of snow due to fall in parts of Scotland tonight? Last year we had the beast from the east and red weather warnings which closed a lot of RM down. I don't think we are there yet but if it is that unsafe where you are then just try and get to your nearest DO.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
and you can't use your car to do so as you'd need business use on your car insurance. Many policies for "commuting" only allow between your home address and your normal place of workCelgar wrote:I presume you are talking about the eight inches of snow due to fall in parts of Scotland tonight? Last year we had the beast from the east and red weather warnings which closed a lot of RM down. I don't think we are there yet but if it is that unsafe where you are then just try and get to your nearest DO.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
In my case I would walk to the DO which would take about twenty five minutes. I didn't actually think about that car insurance issue though. Insurers are always looking for ways to not pay out money.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
We got told , everybody to come back on time on Saturday due to the freezing rain warning. ( Nothing to do with a days O/T saving
) 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Weather warnings and advice to not travel
Our managers didn't even say a word about the weather. It was just a normal day in thier eyes.