How long till I’m declared permanent employee.
My 1st contract was permanent 30th hour
Since then I’ve been made 32/5 hour contract which is good
I know it was a 3 month trial I’ve beem with the firm 4 months 2 weeks now.
If any senior employees could shed any light be very grateful.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trailist
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Trailist
I can't remember ANYONE... EVER.... not being taken on in the last decade.
Most Delivery Offices are so short staffed they're glad of anyone. Once you're settled in though you really do need to get a copy of your contract, in writing....... and keep hold of it. Especially as you're having your hours messed about with. When you're finally taken on, which I'm sure you will, you'lll need to know for how many hours. Not normally done by your DOM , I believe it comes from Wages, or HR.
There's been a few cases of Posties thinking they were 39 hours.... and working those hours.... only to be told when they come back from Leave that they're only getting paid 20 hours, because that's their contract.
Always good to get it clarified early on. 
There's been a few cases of Posties thinking they were 39 hours.... and working those hours.... only to be told when they come back from Leave that they're only getting paid 20 hours, because that's their contract.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Trailist
Hi thanks for the reply,also I’ve had my contract at the start stating 30 hour perm contract.Then got upgraded to 32/5 hours per week and got new contract for that from the main Royal Mail branch.As stated been in job 4 months and 2 weeks now :).Dorset Plodder wrote:I can't remember ANYONE... EVER.... not being taken on in the last decade.Most Delivery Offices are so short staffed they're glad of anyone. Once you're settled in though you really do need to get a copy of your contract, in writing....... and keep hold of it. Especially as you're having your hours messed about with. When you're finally taken on, which I'm sure you will, you'lll need to know for how many hours. Not normally done by your DOM , I believe it comes from Wages, or HR.
There's been a few cases of Posties thinking they were 39 hours.... and working those hours.... only to be told when they come back from Leave that they're only getting paid 20 hours, because that's their contract.Always good to get it clarified early on.