ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hybrid duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Babel071
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
Gender: Male

Hybrid duty

Post by Babel071 »

Hi you all, quick question about hybrid duty. I'm being offered hybrid duty 10-6 delivery and collection. Is there any extra supplement for doing collection as part of your duty?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Hybrid duty

Post by arnold cheshire »

No
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Hybrid duty

Post by maisymoo04 »

Babel071 wrote:Hi you all, quick question about hybrid duty. I'm being offered hybrid duty 10-6 delivery and collection. Is there any extra supplement for doing collection as part of your duty?
no finishing early on them babel :whistle :nervous :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
officernopants
Posts: 13
Joined: 19 Mar 2018, 06:48
Gender: Male

Hybrid duty

Post by officernopants »

No and I wouldn't recommend it, I tried a hybrid duty about 2 years ago your supposed to arrive at your start sign for specials and can key and go but the amount of time my round was not prepped or was prepped with no care ( one day I had 64 missorts including tracked)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Hybrid duty

Post by Dorset Plodder »

The guys on our Hybrids don't work Saturdays..... so maybe that's a big :thumbup For you. From what I can tell they are always prepped in time, so it's just a case of the late starts to think about. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Hybrid duty

Post by Stammerking »

Dorset plodder how are their walks covered on a Saturday I,m on a Hybrid but with a rotating day off working longer hours during the week and a 5 hour day on a Saturday would love a Mon to Fri
Babel071
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
Gender: Male

Hybrid duty

Post by Babel071 »

Thanks for advice.
I'm still not sure if it's worth it as from I've been told on heavy days (and Xmas pressure) it's a killer. I don't mind working my hours just don't want to run to make sure delivery is done before collection starts
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Hybrid duty

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Stammerking wrote:Dorset plodder how are their walks covered on a Saturday I,m on a Hybrid but with a rotating day off working longer hours during the week and a 5 hour day on a Saturday would love a Mon to Fri
We've got some REALLY SHORT contracts like 8 hours Sat only! :shock: They only work Saturdays and cover the Hybrids.... mainly EX FT Posties that have done their time and just want a bit of pocket money to top up their pensions. For those worried about talk of RM wanting Parcels delivered in the late afternoon and evening, I presume like wise they'll just offer contracts for those hours (they'll always suit someone) .... we have the technology.... just not the staff! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)