Any one tried the new RY12 RM Taormina footwear. I've not seen anyone in our office wearing them. Are they any good? Waterproof? ….not likely I know!
are they rounded sole or flat like the awful Anvil and Easyflex? BTW...Easyflex….royalmail trying to subconsciously get in our heads me thinks, also anyone ever thought it was funny how you have to press "SUBMIT" all day on the PDA's.....there they go again!
I'm rapidly running out of options to stop my feet hurting, might have to go back to the terrible Magnum shoes. whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
I've found that the magnum shoes help my plantars for about 3 months then the insides are worn out but can't get replacements as the sole isn't worn out so back to wearing my own trainers.the doc boots were best but no good for long deliveries in summer
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !
Also,
Also,
Either that was before my time (12 years) or you were dreaming. Royal Mail supplying Gore-Tex ? In your dreams.GHOSTman wrote: whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.
-
cobrakai
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
I had a gore tex Royal Mail coat. Was in early 2000s They binned them off after a few months as posties that had them quickly realised that they were a item that could be a) worn everywhere and b) easy to sell on. They were manufactured by one of the yachting companies and cost rm nearly 200 quid so the legend went.NewPostieUK wrote:If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !
Also,
Either that was before my time (12 years) or you were dreaming. Royal Mail supplying Gore-Tex ? In your dreams.GHOSTman wrote: whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.
It’s funny because sometimes on the deadliest catch type programmes on discovery one of the crew had on a Royal Mail waterproof!
-
GHOSTman
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 08:48
- Gender: Male
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
that's good to know, had a pair of them before the easyflex, they were ok once i got a size bigger than usual. Also after 2 months the soles split away from the uppers. lets hope they have solved that issue, as you say though, they'll probably be a completely new design.NewPostieUK wrote:If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
Taormina shoe - very uncomfortable, no support for your ankle, forever 'slipping' on the heel as there are only four lace holes (so they don't hold to your foot as you walk), don't know if they are waterproof but they have fairly low sides so water would splash in anyway.
Bandaras - great shoes apart from being very tight on sizing. If they solve them falling apart I'd have another pair.
Bandaras - great shoes apart from being very tight on sizing. If they solve them falling apart I'd have another pair.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
I was told they lost the contract for using child labour,Also it didn't actually say gore tex but something like gare tex.GHOSTman wrote: whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.
My banderas are still going strong despite me receiving a cease and desist notice about them and the sole hasn't fallen off,They are still waterproof and comfy but again about a half size smaller than stated which suits me as i'm really a 10 1/2.
-
GHOSTman
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 08:48
- Gender: Male
Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?
thanks for the info on the Taormina shoe, i'll hold off until the Magnum Banderas are back in stock.fb1969 wrote:Taormina shoe - very uncomfortable, no support for your ankle, forever 'slipping' on the heel as there are only four lace holes (so they don't hold to your foot as you walk), don't know if they are waterproof but they have fairly low sides so water would splash in anyway.
Bandaras - great shoes apart from being very tight on sizing. If they solve them falling apart I'd have another pair.