ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Personal file kept by management

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Currently being took down conduct .
Manager informs me that he as " file"on me !
Surely under Data protection act this shud be kept at Royal Mail HQ , Sheffield ?
Chris413
Posts: 71
Joined: 13 Jul 2018, 07:52
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Chris413 »

I know my manager has a file on me in the DO, so I would take it is the case for everyone.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Personal file kept by management

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Currently being took down conduct .
Manager informs me that he as " file"on me !
Surely under Data protection act, this shud be kept at Royal Mail HQ , Sheffield ?
No, the DPA doesn't say where and what data can be held and by whom, it states under what circumstances you can access it (Subject Access Request) and what as a business, employers must comply with:

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:

used fairly, lawfully and transparently
used for specified, explicit purposes
used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
kept for no longer than is necessary
handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Just from what you posted the manager has complied with all of the above.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by tommyrep »

It is standard practice. With DOMs keeping a Diary on all situations that you get involved in !
I had a legit grievance against mine. At 2nd stage interview with a Helecoptered in, supposed neutral RM management clone who specialised in planning and georgette, turned tables on my complaint. He lambasted ME on previous unrelated events, I was made out as being the TRUE aggressor with the main grievance raised! Always worth keeping a diary yourself, dates and witnesses are very important, do not expect a fair level playing field once the RM gestapo close ranks.
They will always play dirty!
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by daveyeff »

''Helicoptered in''......I like that one :Very Happy :Very Happy … did you win?
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by tommyrep »

daveyeff wrote:''Helicoptered in''......I like that one :Very Happy :Very Happy … did you win?
No, a score draw, lol ! Got very messy, DOM back tracked and accepted my original argument. No lapsing work on my duty, (when I am on it at least ) insufficient duty time !
The helecopter pilot had - based on his planning and revision experience- said I had time to do lapsing work, despite the duty being made PT from FT from a buy down situation. The area DSM did not preside over the case, he bailed out of his responsibilities and utilised his expert SS officer.
The PT duty was only 24 hr, all other PT duties were 25-30. As usual others covering the duty had more hrs, and started early, no break runners, etc, so I was expected to follow suit. I was being intimidated for doing the job properly, simple.
I took on the challenge of undue unfair pressure, 1st time ever in my DO or area ! No real surprises there ?
A nasty, horrible experience. Not at all pleasant but RM were determined to win, dug in deep but never won on the day!
Only wish more would take up similar likewise challenges, RM get away with murder and treat OPGs terribly at times.
Last edited by tommyrep on 23 Oct 2018, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Yes Tommy rep , carbon copy of what I am awaiting but I have a right to see or be furnish with copies of my " file " surely as it is information relating to me ?
Manager using previous complaints which were never proven, 3years ago , as a tool to attempt to dimiss !
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Yes Tommy rep , carbon copy of what I am awaiting but I have a right to see or be furnish with copies of my " file " surely as it is information relating to me ?
Manager using previous complaints which were never proven, 3years ago , as a tool to attempt to dimiss !
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by tommyrep »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Yes Tommy rep , carbon copy of what I am awaiting but I have a right to see or be furnish with copies of my " file " surely as it is information relating to me ?
Manager using previous complaints which were never proven, 3years ago , as a tool to attempt to dimiss !
I am not sure Ciderboy. In my case it was the office managers diary used to blacken my character about heated exchanges leading up to the stage 1 to my area manager- as it concerned my DOM - how do you go about proving a personal dossier held ? I do not know to be honest, very hard to prove. They will keep any details on previous matters concerning you on record, can you demand to see them ? I do not know. Involve your area Rep ASP. They will use all evidence available to back their case, to your detriment! Good Luck, do not take it lying down. For too long it’s been all in RMs favour.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Checked it out tommyrep , an employee can formally request " all data " relating to the employee .
Employer has to furnish employee with data relating to the employee within 30days
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Mobey »

If you do get access to it you might get a few surprises! I did once whilst working in a different employer.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Nothing surprises me with these vindictive b______ds
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Nothing surprises me with these vindictive b______ds
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by tommyrep »

:thumbup
Ciderboy1957 wrote:Checked it out tommyrep , an employee can formally request " all data " relating to the employee .
Employer has to furnish employee with data relating to the employee within 30days
:thumbup :Applause
Yeh, but as I said at my Stage 2 interview, those entries in a diary or a RM personel dossier is only the person recording that informations version of events unless they are minuted at a meeting with your signed acceptance of the details. Then you should have your own copy provided. Every point entered in my DOMs diary was contestable and many were exaggerated.
The helicopter pilot assigned to hear the evidence mines over stepped his duty, it was only the grievance content that was supposed to be discussed and a decision made, he vilified me on things irrelevant to my grievance.
In my case more letters of my concerns were presented for a third stage hearing, the guy at stage 2 was a plant on behalf of the an area DSM at that time. Having said that, the HR system is corrupt and rigged in favour of management grievances.
Why and how the CWU accept that system as being fair towards its members is a mystery to me.
They have “ buddies “ to investigate complaints, you have no fair chance. RM organise wolves dressed in sheep fleeces as adjudicators, ever known one to go against a manager ? Unless instructed from higher above to get rid off a problem who’s face does not fit !!!
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Personal file kept by management

Post by crimson king »

Seems only fair that my managers should have a file on me, seeing as I have a file on them... :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.