Hi,
I've been on the packets duty in my office for the last 18 months and with a lot of new developments and the increase in packet traffic, the duty has become unmanageable for 1 person. I never signed for the duty and have now asked to come off the packets duty which they have granted.
However, the work place coach who does the rota has said I'm on the firm's duty next week. I have never done this duty and its not a simple one as I would have no idea where to go and where the drop off points are for each firm. I asked for training but was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be getting trained and I had no choice. There are 3 other people in the office who know this duty very well. I feel this is a deliberate act to get me to do a u-turn and stay on the packet duty.
What would you do?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Advice
Go on the new duty, follow the cut off procedure, do your best, then bring back the half of the delivery that you don’t have time to deliver. Sod ‘em, you asked for training, they refused, their problem.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Advice
Tell the Dom your happy to take it all out , but as you've never done this walk before you don't no where the hell your going and the chances of you completing is zero , but I'll give it my best shot. At least then you've told him. Don't rush round and don't stress about it.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Advice
hothothot wrote:Tell the Dom your happy to take it all out , but as you've never done this walk before you don't no where the hell your going and the chances of you completing is zero , but I'll give it my best shot. At least then you've told him. Don't rush round and don't stress about it.
this
-
Libertine1
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 05:58
- Gender: Male
Advice
Thank you for the replies. I will follow the good advice given here.
Its annoying as this is so avoidable and the work place coach has clearly done this out of spite as there are 3 other people who know the walk very well. If they want it to fail by not giving me training, I guess that's their choice.
Its annoying as this is so avoidable and the work place coach has clearly done this out of spite as there are 3 other people who know the walk very well. If they want it to fail by not giving me training, I guess that's their choice.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Advice
That's exactly what I did. After refusing to do a duty I hadn't been trained on each Saturday for weeks, I 'negotiated' as above. Ended up leaving loads and taking loads back, I just couldn't find it. Did half a duty.hothothot wrote:Tell the Dom your happy to take it all out , but as you've never done this walk before you don't no where the hell your going and the chances of you completing is zero , but I'll give it my best shot. At least then you've told him. Don't rush round and don't stress about it.
Problem is, as always, the idiots think you've done it once you can do it fine from now on. Had the same argument a week later. . Took slightly more out.