ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

Christmas bonus

Post by FAB »

When the talks first started it was suggested that the Christmas bonus might only be paid if certain targets were made. Has that idea been squashed and will the £200 to total be paid as usual this year?
anthonyok
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53

Christmas bonus

Post by anthonyok »

Tell you one thing if they stopped the bonus not many would show the Xmas spirit and work past their time for sure !
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Christmas bonus

Post by Yamr1 »

Don't know if it's still 200
Always 100 but got a extra 100 for 5 yrs cause off they phantom shares .
The 5 years must be nearly up
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Christmas bonus

Post by DrSatan »

As a part timer, I was promised by managers and cwu rep that I would get the full bonus for working full time over xmas. Only got the pro Rota even though I worked more hours than most.

Just false promises just so they can get what they want!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Christmas bonus

Post by Dorset Plodder »

DrSatan wrote:As a part timer, I was promised by managers and cwu rep that I would get the full bonus for working full time over xmas. Only got the pro Rota even though I worked more hours than most.

Just false promises just so they can get what they want!
Some Posties seem to go "Docket Crazy" at Christmas! :shock: The ones in my DO that do it every Christmas are the lazy bastards that have been taking it easy all year. I think they're just building up to Christmas.... Then Suddenly they're doing all the hours the DOM sends. I tend to treat Christmas just like any other time. So I'll get my Bonus because I'm not a malingerer, who goes sick when I twist a sock, can't remember the other criteria. :hmmmm

Try and get your Unit Rep to clarify what you're getting (of course he won't give a s**t because he's FT and getting the Full Bonus but get him to do it anyway). Used to be that all PT staff were made up to Temporary FT over the Christmas period. I'd get it in writing if I was you. I've been caught out before when PT. :thumbdown IF you don't get any confirmation it may be time to play Hard Ball and say, "We'll you realise I'm contracted for X ammount of hours and I don't really want to work anymore" The DOM will s**t himself because he's relying on PTers like you to make up the hours. :left:

Last year I dipped out on quite a bit of Christmas tips because I wasn't willing to work stupid hours. I used the Over Running Procedure for the whole Christmas Pressure Period and so never delivered to about 60 houses. The guy who wanted to pick up the slack must have got all the tips but such is life! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Christmas bonus

Post by number one »

DrSatan wrote:As a part timer, I was promised by managers and cwu rep that I would get the full bonus for working full time over xmas. Only got the pro Rota even though I worked more hours than most.

Just false promises just so they can get what they want!
If you were doing full time hours or more the you should have got the full £200. I made sure all the part time staff in my office did.