ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reducing hours
-
Thecallaghanclan
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 15:47
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours
Hi, I would like to return to college in the next few months. I am going to have to quit my job as a postie because of this. I am part-time 24hrs and I am going to sit down with my manager and tell him that I am leaving. Do you think its possible that he would be willing to offer me a 1 day a week contract, if I ask, or will he rather me leave completely?
Last edited by Thecallaghanclan on 19 Aug 2018, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours
Thecallaghanclan wrote:Hi, I would like to return to college in the next few months. I am going to have to quit my job as a postie because of my desision. I am part-time 24hrs but I am going to tell my manager that I am leaving tomorrow. Do you think its possible that he would be willing to offer me a 1 day a week contract, if I ask, or will he rather me leave completely?
All you can do is ask? Good luck!
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours
One women in our office reduced her 6 days to 3 in our office.
-
Thecallaghanclan
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 15:47
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours
Cheer guys, so it's possible. That's good to know, as I would like to continue.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours
Yes we have a couple of people who only work Saturdays in our office