ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Goodbye Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by hothothot »

Left R.M today after 20 years service. I'll health retirement was in my bank account this morning. Royal mail has got year on year has got worse and worse as an employer. Management are appalling the way they treat Thier staff. The job has got harder to achieve every year. I would like to say I'm sorry to be leaving but that would be a lie. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will miss massively all my work colleagues and friends in my office and of course the banter. Goodbye and hello retirement.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Enjoy your retirement mate
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by number one »

What was your payoff?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by arnold cheshire »

I thought ihr had changed?
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by hothothot »

i.h.r hasn't changed the only thing different is you pay tax and n.i on pilon. It's still 34 weeks pay plus 12 week s pilon. But as I'm not working again I can claim back the tax. I got 21500 , plus my shares tax free also. My shares were worth about 3000, so it's not far off 25000.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by arnold cheshire »

hothothot wrote:i.h.r hasn't changed the only thing different is you pay tax and n.i on pilon. It's still 34 weeks pay plus 12 week s pilon. But as I'm not working again I can claim back the tax. I got 21500 , plus my shares tax free also. My shares were worth about 3000, so it's not far off 25000.
thanks enjoy retirement
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by tommyrep »

hothothot wrote:Left R.M today after 20 years service. I'll health retirement was in my bank account this morning. Royal mail has got year on year has got worse and worse as an employer. Management are appalling the way they treat Thier staff. The job has got harder to achieve every year. I would like to say I'm sorry to be leaving but that would be a lie. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will miss massively all my work colleagues and friends in my office and of course the banter. Goodbye and hello retirement.
“ ALL, your work colleagues “ ?
:so there
:wave
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by Seymour Buts »

Good luck! Must be a strange feeling having worked for so many years to then not have to work.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by glenfiddich »

Enjoy your well earned retirement feeling hothothot :thumbup
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wish you well my friend,have you had the standard generic good luck and thanks two lined letter yet?yet another thing this company does appallingly well,lack of recognition for years done,I’ve done 36 so far and looking to job share as I can see what’s coming over the horizon,,I salute you sir
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by Brandy »

hothothot wrote:Left R.M today after 20 years service. I'll health retirement was in my bank account this morning. Royal mail has got year on year has got worse and worse as an employer. Management are appalling the way they treat Thier staff. The job has got harder to achieve every year. I would like to say I'm sorry to be leaving but that would be a lie. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will miss massively all my work colleagues and friends in my office and of course the banter. Goodbye and hello retirement.
Good luck and enjoy retirement,I echo totally what you say,the cameraderie amongst posties is unique,and unless you have been one you would never understand.I left after 19 years,best decision ever,yes miss the banter,not the job or the rubbish,nasty managers.
Just enjoy the freedom.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by Brandy »

robbertwhitton wrote:I wish you well my friend,have you had the standard generic good luck and thanks two lined letter yet?yet another thing this company does appallingly well,lack of recognition for years done,I’ve done 36 so far and looking to job share as I can see what’s coming over the horizon,,I salute you sir
I worked for RM for 19 years,not even a thankyou when I left,yet when I left my previous job after 14 years service I received a lovely letter thanking me and saying that if my job with RM didnt work out I could always go back. RM really value their staff dont they? :no no
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by hothothot »

I admit I won't miss all my colleagues especially the brown nosers. The letter you get from R.M is pathetic. You would expect a little better for 20 years hard graft. My daughter asked me about going for a job I tried to talk her out of it , she ignored me , 6 months later she wished she had listened. All she does is moan about what a crap company this is to work for. I told you so!
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by Postie45 »

congrats on getting out. Your daughter shouldnt really be regretting anything, its not like shed tied to the decision to work for RM forever, tell her to start looking for another job.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Goodbye Royal Mail

Post by malcolm3011 »

good luck and enjoy your retirement, i left RM with redundancy over 3 years ago, never regret it and never been happier, like you though i did miss the banter and my great work colleagues