ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Owed money.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
Had enough of speaking to my manager who clearly just fobs me off with “it’s gonna be sorted I’ve spoke to ...”
been owed 80 quid for 3 weeks now who can I talk to that isn’t my manager about this? Don’t want to get the union rep involved at this moment unless I have to. Someone mentioned I can talk to the book room about pay, is this correct?
been owed 80 quid for 3 weeks now who can I talk to that isn’t my manager about this? Don’t want to get the union rep involved at this moment unless I have to. Someone mentioned I can talk to the book room about pay, is this correct?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Owed money.
At my office - yes you can.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
Thank you, do you happen to have HR number? I’m 2 months I’m still don’t have a contract and twice manager said he’d get me the number and didn’t. Our bookroom staff seem rude as hell so look forward to that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
It's on your payslip along with others. 0345 606 0613Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you, do you happen to have HR number? I’m 2 months I’m still don’t have a contract and twice manager said he’d get me the number and didn’t. Our bookroom staff seem rude as hell so look forward to that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
This company is a joke, only options they have that I can talk to a real person don’t work because they aren’t related to what I need , they tell me I need to choose another option ffs I just want me contract. Honestly disgraceful. Anyone got any advice?rehabron wrote:It's on your payslip along with others. 0345 606 0613Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you, do you happen to have HR number? I’m 2 months I’m still don’t have a contract and twice manager said he’d get me the number and didn’t. Our bookroom staff seem rude as hell so look forward to that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
You tackle one issue at a time. You will be given the number option for wages to discuss the money owed to you. After receiving an answer to this you then ask to be transferred to contracts.Rapidryan88 wrote:This company is a joke, only options they have that I can talk to a real person don’t work because they aren’t related to what I need , they tell me I need to choose another option ffs I just want me contract. Honestly disgraceful. Anyone got any advice?rehabron wrote:It's on your payslip along with others. 0345 606 0613Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you, do you happen to have HR number? I’m 2 months I’m still don’t have a contract and twice manager said he’d get me the number and didn’t. Our bookroom staff seem rude as hell so look forward to that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
Although I would have thought contracts would have been within the wages dept.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
I got through to wages section to be told by a recording that they don’t deal with pay over the phone, I have to talk to a manager lol. Gonna have to go bookroom and kick off. Also spent 5 mins on hold to be told they are now closed. What a bunch of piss takers.rehabron wrote:You tackle one issue at a time. You will be given the number option for wages to discuss the money owed to you. After receiving an answer to this you then ask to be transferred to contracts.Rapidryan88 wrote:This company is a joke, only options they have that I can talk to a real person don’t work because they aren’t related to what I need , they tell me I need to choose another option ffs I just want me contract. Honestly disgraceful. Anyone got any advice?rehabron wrote:It's on your payslip along with others. 0345 606 0613Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you, do you happen to have HR number? I’m 2 months I’m still don’t have a contract and twice manager said he’d get me the number and didn’t. Our bookroom staff seem rude as hell so look forward to that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
Although I would have thought contracts would have been within the wages dept.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
If you pay union subs you get the union rep to sort stuff like this out
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
I had same issue mate, my manger told me email HR which didn’t work as it needs to be a managers Royal Mail IP address before they receive it. Also phoned 3 times and just got my phone bill with a 12.50 charge for phoning that number. After 6 weeks I told my manager and Union I was getting a solicitor involved and suddenly they were much more helpful and got me in contact with the correct people. Hope u get it sorted
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
Can’t believe they treat staff like this. Any other company would pay you for going over, and be grateful for it as well! Imagine the amount of OT this company runs on, with so many part timers doing FT hours and more every week and not having their contracts reviewed as per the agreement. We should force RM into a corner by just working our contracts, then they’d be screwed!
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
In future just work to your time. Unfortunately it's now easier for me just to argue with management about working my hours, rather than argue about being underpaid weekly. I wasn't the only one noticing(some PTs don't keep record of their hours so are probably losing out), and trying to keep tabs of several weeks of missing OT just wasn't worth it. It's mental how a company that relies on overtime, is so reluctant to pay for it! 
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
I appreciate the answer guys yes it is a disgrace. In my case it was them taking 3 days pay off me instead of 2 for sick days and then underpaying me by 30 quid for my petrol claim so nothing to do with overtime. A friend of mine is owed over 100 and they keep saying they can’t pay him in one guy and it’s been weeks lol. I pay my fee for the union so I can get him involved if I need to
-
DaisyDoodles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
- Gender: Female
Owed money.
Hmmmmmm... I left on Friday, handed notice in weeks back and Friday was my final day. Owed 13.5 hours and about £90 in travelling costs when told to report 'on loan' to a different DO for a few weeks.
I'm not going to get it, am I?
I'm not going to get it, am I?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Owed money.
If it ever gets as far as going to union/tribunal, how do you prove your overtime hours worked? CCTV footage?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:At my office - yes you can.
-
westy23
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
- Gender: Male
Owed money.
Try this number for wages. 0114 241 8890.