ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Returning to Royal mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Northernstar67
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 12:58
Gender: Male

Returning to Royal mail

Post by Northernstar67 »

Hi all,
After leaving the business 5 months ago to try to start my own business that unfortunately did not turn out the way I had hoped I find myself in need of generating an income to earn a living. How would I go about getting a job again with Royal Mail? Would I need to re-apply online or could I contact my old Dom/line manager?
I previously had over 7 years service with a very good attendance record and got on well with my managers.Does anybody know any postie's that have been in a similar position or gone back to the business after a period of time away?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Returning to Royal mail

Post by Seymour Buts »

Yeah you can. One guy in our office retired early and they even offered to keep his walk open for 6 months incase he wanted to come back. Somebody else left for another job then returned and she kept her time served. I'd just go into your old office and ask a manager about it.
Northernstar67
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 12:58
Gender: Male

Returning to Royal mail

Post by Northernstar67 »

Is there a time limit of X amount of time where you can actually go back without going through the online recruitment process though?