ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Refreshments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Starting this week. What do you all find the best/easiest things to carry around to eat?
montana banana
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 Feb 2007, 17:53
Gender: Female
Location: london

Refreshments

Post by montana banana »

ice cream :crazy:
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by hothothot »

Raspberry trifle.
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

montana banana wrote:ice cream :crazy:
Wouldn’t last long in this heat
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

hothothot wrote:Raspberry trifle.
Really? If its that easy then ...
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Refreshments

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Oh and freeze a couple of bottles of water the night before and take them to work frozen, otherwise you'll be drinking warm water.
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by pex »

Easy peel satsuma oranges and any snack bars that do not melt, eg not yogurt or chocolate dipped bars as I have found out to my cost.
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by Bboingg »

A small cool bag with ice pack!
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Oh and freeze a couple of bottles of water the night before and take them to work frozen, otherwise you'll be drinking warm water.
Good tip, thanks
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

pex wrote:Easy peel satsuma oranges and any snack bars that do not melt, eg not yogurt or chocolate dipped bars as I have found out to my cost.
Fruit. Didn’t think of that. Will save the yoghurt bars for cooler weather. Thanks
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Bboingg wrote:A small cool bag with ice pack!
Oooh, yes. Got one of those. Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Refreshments

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pex wrote:Easy peel satsuma oranges and any snack bars that do not melt, eg not yogurt or chocolate dipped bars as I have found out to my cost.
peshwaarinaan wrote:Oh and freeze a couple of bottles of water the night before and take them to work frozen, otherwise you'll be drinking warm water.
combine the 2 suggestions
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by fiveoclockhero »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
pex wrote:Easy peel satsuma oranges and any snack bars that do not melt, eg not yogurt or chocolate dipped bars as I have found out to my cost.
peshwaarinaan wrote:Oh and freeze a couple of bottles of water the night before and take them to work frozen, otherwise you'll be drinking warm water.
combine the 2 suggestions
I might try that
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by Celgar »

Chewing gum. I don't generally eat or drink anything until I get home nowadays.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Refreshments

Post by crimson king »

Celgar wrote:Chewing gum. I don't generally eat or drink anything until I get home nowadays.
You're made of stronger stuff than me, mate. I'd literally have one foot in the grave if didn't drink anything for four to five hours.... especially in this current heat.

And not even a sarnie halfway round? Without mine I'd sink to my knees on the last loop like the soft southern Nancy that i am :left:

I'll bet your Northern :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.