ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Holiday

Post by Clared »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Clared wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.
Thank you! :)
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Creditshampoo »

If you need a certain week off you need to tell the manager that you told them already
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Creditshampoo wrote:If you need a certain week off you need to tell the manager that you told them already
Thanks already ahead of ya on that one
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by joewyan »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
Make sure you tell them all your holiday dates that you want for this current holiday year straight away as they will honour existing holiday otherwise you’ll have to fit in where there is a gap.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Seymour Buts »

Can't say the same for everyone but holidays are a bit of a mare at our place. We have to book ours at least a year in advance and even then you don't always get what you want. One of the worst elements of this job in my opinion. Took some getting used to 'coz at my old job I could take a day's holiday if and when, as long as I hsd holiday to use.
DaisyDoodles
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
Gender: Female

Holiday

Post by DaisyDoodles »

I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Holiday

Post by Rapidryan88 »

DaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.
That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentioned
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Holiday

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Rapidryan88 wrote:
DaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.
That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentioned
Tomorrow when its relatively quite pop into the manager's inner sanctum (the canteen?) and ask him what weeks are free and apply for those that you want. Do not let them carry them over, by law you have to have the opportunity to take at least your statutory leave.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.