ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick pay new starter

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Costas6969
Posts: 25
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
Gender: Male

Sick pay new starter

Post by Costas6969 »

Hi, I have been a postie for six months but I have really bad back pain for which is am seeing a doctor for this week.
Will I get any sick pay if I get signed off by my doctor?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Sick pay new starter

Post by doorstepped »

No.
There is no sick pay for the first 12 months of your employment.
Sorry.

you may get SSP after a certain amount of time.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Sick pay new starter

Post by hothothot »

I'm pretty sure you can get SSP for up to 6 months. Sorry to hear about your back it's a common problem with postie's.